Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Opinions on a Pegoretti frame?

I have posted this frame on another forum with some interesting thoughts from the posters. A brief history on this frame color scheme. I saw it a couple of years ago in Bicycling and thought it was one of nicest looking frames I had seen. My plans are re-painting my Landshark with this design. How 'bout some thoughts?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Not really my cup of tea. Similar to the Paramounts painted Red, White and Blue (mid eighties?) but the Paramounts were my cup of tea. Paint the stays white, and then we will be talking. Who is the painter that has those beautiful Paramounts on their web site? Joe Bell?
Taking a plunge on an expensive custom paint job has to be the most nerve racking thing to do. Good Luck!

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
do what you want, but I personally don't like obviously ganked paint jobs... although the blatant but whimsical Molteni ripoff that Slawta has done is the rare exception.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
I like the design. I bought a pegoretti about the time that Dario was doing this design, and I chose to do it in different colors -- blue, yellow front, and a black divider. It was not great. This is better. I wrecked that one, and replaced it with the same design with a pearlized baby blue, white, and an orange divider. That one is nice.
But the design is distinctly Pegoretti, don't you think? It's understated, much more so than much of what he's doing now (a guy I know just bought a Marcelo with pin-up girls on it), but it's not like doing it on another frame is an updated homage to a classic. It would be . . . not that cool, IMHO.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Fred--do you have a link to Slawta's Molteni-esque frame?

FatTireFred said:
do what you want, but I personally don't like obviously ganked paint jobs... although the blatant but whimsical Molteni ripoff that Slawta has done is the rare exception.
To the OP: Go for it. At least your bike will be distinctive.

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
team_sheepshead said:
Fred--do you have a link to Slawta's Molteni-esque frame?

check out the gallery on the landshark website, there are 2 orange w/blue panel bikes (complete w/yellow and pink banding around the ST), both fixed gears

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
I like it just as it is. I'm a little tired of all the red and black combos that have been all the rage lately.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts