Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking in getting a lenticular disc wheel, and do not want aero covers for the rear wheel. I am interested in the following lenticular disc wheels below:

HED standard disc
Reynolds Stratus Carbon Disc
Xlab Disc Wheel
Xtream G-force disc wheel

I am not looking at the mavic disc as it is to expensive, or the Falcon Soports Accel disc wheel since it is tubular wheel. Another other lenticular disc wheel that can be listed would be helpful.

I am looking at clincher disc wheels only. I saw some info about the lateral flex in the HED standard disc and it seemed higher then the other wheels. I wanted to know if this was an issue with riding and if the wheel was improved over the years from when the test was performed.

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/rinard/wheel/data.htm

Also wanted to know the how the other disc wheels listed above compared to eachother such as materal quality, ride quality, how the wheel handles. Also do the other wheels listed above have similar lateral deflections. Is there any other info that can be provided about the wheels or how they compare would be helpful. Such as hub design, any problems that you had with the disc wheels, how customer service was with the wheels, etc.

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
stussy1035 said:
I am looking in getting a lenticular disc wheel, and do not want aero covers for the rear wheel. I am interested in the following lenticular disc wheels below:

HED standard disc
Reynolds Stratus Carbon Disc
Xlab Disc Wheel
Xtream G-force disc wheel

I am not looking at the mavic disc as it is to expensive, or the Falcon Soports Accel disc wheel since it is tubular wheel. Another other lenticular disc wheel that can be listed would be helpful.
I'm pretty sure that the reynolds wheel is tubular.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts