Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its time for a new pair of bib shorts. I'm a bit out of the loop on whats a good pair these days. Under a hundred is best but could go to 125 if there is a quality/comfort difference. I'm not brand name concious.

Thanks

·
Registered
387 Posts
SKINSUIT, SKINSUIT, SKINSUIT. once you get one you'll never go back to jersey and shorts for cross.

To answer your Q. do you have a favorite pair now? use those. they'll be fine.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Voler = Good

PaleAleYum said:
Its time for a new pair of bib shorts. I'm a bit out of the loop on whats a good pair these days. Under a hundred is best but could go to 125 if there is a quality/comfort difference. I'm not brand name concious.

Thanks
I like my Voler bibs. Good price and good fit. David K

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I have a couple pair of the knicker type bid shorts and use them a lot when the weather is cold, I find knee warmers sometimes slip down when they get all muddy.

I like garneau shorts fine, the pearl izumi seems to be a good brand that fits me nicely.

I had an older pair of pearl izumi bibs with a blue chamios that just shreaded my rump when riding in the rain, I doubt they make that one any more. It have heard of using sandpaper on the edges of offending chamious will help this problem.

A couple companies make a long sleeve skinsuite, Verge makes one I think, that would be nice for cross.

·
SF
257 Posts
i also like the knickers for cross. they are great in a wide temperature range. i have a pair of the pearl izumi tech knckers which are a nice heavy roubaix weight, and the quality is ok, not spectacular. i would love to get a long sleeve skinsuit, but i cant seem to find a plain one anywhere.

·
Registered
3 Posts
PaleAleYum said:

Thanks
Not bibs, but Endura MT500 shorts are great offroad lycra shorts for those of us who hate baggies (and Camelbaks, but let's not get started...). Double fabric on the sides, very hard-wearing, tough shorts. Made in the UK, here's a link to the US distributor.

http://www.idutri.com/page/1001116603/PROD/cl_MTB/E7001

·
50ft. Queenie
1,154 Posts
DavidK said:
I like my Voler bibs. Good price and good fit. David K
AGREE. although the chamios doesnt last super long. tends to flatten out by the end of the season. once they get to that point, i avoid the annoyance of having a half dozen bibs hanging around my condo, and just thro them in the dryer. im sure that quickens the wear-out process.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Bergamo makes clothing that I have been really pleased with, I've had the shorts for a full year and the chamois is still my favorite. These guys make my road team's stuff and it's pretty impressive.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
whatever is getting ratty

as water, mud, remounts and bad dismounts, etc.. take their toll on them. prefer using my road bibs during their golden years.
but yes Skinsuit!

·
Registered
103 Posts
CX Suit

xccx said:
i also like the knickers for cross. they are great in a wide temperature range. i have a pair of the pearl izumi tech knckers which are a nice heavy roubaix weight, and the quality is ok, not spectacular. i would love to get a long sleeve skinsuit, but i cant seem to find a plain one anywhere.
Check out the Boure Thermo CX suit. I just got one and it is great. Incredible customer service too!

John
http://www.boure.com/3546.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts