Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I posted this in the Orbea forum with only one response, I know there are more of you out there that have experiences with this frame. Share your thoughts, bike set up and pic if you have it. I'm 6' with a 32 inseam and fairly long torso I guess, so most frames that seem to fit one way, have a short TT. I have a 55 Merckx, but it seams a little small. Now the Orbea size I'm looking at is a 57, which has a 57 TT. It feels good, but I have to run a 130 stem. It has a 18cm head tube which I love, that's one problem with the merckx. Actually test riding this bike today, it was the first time I've comfortably ridden in the drops.

Please, throw me some feedback.

Thanks! :D

·
Defender of Freedom...
611 Posts
Mosovich said:
Hey guys, I posted this in the Orbea forum with only one response, I know there are more of you out there that have experiences with this frame. Share your thoughts, bike set up and pic if you have it. I'm 6' with a 32 inseam and fairly long torso I guess, so most frames that seem to fit one way, have a short TT. I have a 55 Merckx, but it seams a little small. Now the Orbea size I'm looking at is a 57, which has a 57 TT. It feels good, but I have to run a 130 stem. It has a 18cm head tube which I love, that's one problem with the merckx. Actually test riding this bike today, it was the first time I've comfortably ridden in the drops.

Please, throw me some feedback.

Thanks! :D
Great Frame. I only sold mine due to the color scheme. It was the Communicate Valencia green/blue and was pretty wild and "blingy". My wife loved it b/c it was so pretty :eek: so in an effort to save my manhood I had to get a different frame :) . I'm now riding a much more understated carbon/ti DEAN with similiar geometery. The guys at Orbea USA (Rob to be specific) are top notch and really bend over backwards if you have a problem. I think it's a great company. The ride of the frame it also top notch. A very comfortable lightweight frame.

JR

·
Administrator
12,940 Posts
I owned a Lobular 100 which UPS crushed like a bug. It was a good bike- well suited for racing, training, group rides ect. Orbea is a great company to deal with. Riding an Opal now.

:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts