Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering and Orbea Mitis (OK, not so high end, but I just spent a wad on a new dual suspension mountain bike).

http://www.orbea-usa.com/fly.aspx?mId=m17&layout=viewproduct&taxId=231

The nice guy at the LBS said that these have been in production for ~4 yrs. Is 4 yrs sufficiently long to work out any bugs in the frame? Have there been any major changes in frame design over that period? Anyone had trouble with these?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

·
Administrator
12,940 Posts
Springbok167 said:
I'm considering and Orbea Mitis (OK, not so high end, but I just spent a wad on a new dual suspension mountain bike).

http://www.orbea-usa.com/fly.aspx?mId=m17&layout=viewproduct&taxId=231

The nice guy at the LBS said that these have been in production for ~4 yrs. Is 4 yrs sufficiently long to work out any bugs in the frame? Have there been any major changes in frame design over that period? Anyone had trouble with these?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!
Yep, I rode a Mitis with the carbon stays for a bit- frame was very good. Even did some races on it. Sold it to a teammate- he likes it. Riding an Opal now.

:)

·
Defender of Freedom...
611 Posts
Excellent value

my first Orbea was a Mitis. Unlike many companies that put cheaper low modulus carbon rear ends for show, the rear end on the Mitis provides a very nice ride. I upgraded to a Lobular shortly after getting the Mitis mainly b/c of the nicer/lighter tubeset. The Mitis is really a hard frame to beat for the price.

JR

·
Registered
13 Posts
Recently purchased Mitis

I just purchased a Mitis back in January. I love it. You just can't beat the price and the quality of the frame and paint. I plan on racing starting next month. Good Luck

·
limit screwed
806 Posts
I've been riding (and racing) my '05 Mitis since October, and I think it's a great frame. It's a smooth ride, and the only thing holding me back in the sprints and climbs are my legs. The handling set up is pretty quick, too. For demographic comparison, I'm 6' 2", 160 lbs, and ride a 57 with a 120mm stem.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Aussie Mitis

I bought my Euskaltel replica mitis a bit over a year ago but to future proof myself I had it fitted with Ultegra 10spd and chose Mavik Zsyrium Elite wheels based on the recommendations of a few cycling buddies. It was my first bike after a 15 yr hiatus and I am still thoroughly enjoying getting to know the 'Spanish mistress'.

Just to dress her up I have managed to get some orange Orbea bar tape and yellow water bottles, nope, not very subtle but she really makes quite an impression whenever we head out and I think the black elite rims and carbon keo pedals look really smart along side the carbon fibre fittings.

For our first anniversary I was going to be away working in a small regional industrial town and decided to bring her along for the ride. There is only one dealer here who sells Treks, so all the cyclists I have met up with on the road have wanted to check her out and have been most complimentary. Even the local dealer admitted grudgingly that Orbea do excellent paint jobs.

I guess the love lives on ;-)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts