Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to build up a TT bike. I will be equipping it with Campy Record and ZIpp 404's. I bought my girlfriend a complete 2007 Felt B2 and it's a great bike, but I currently have an orange 2008 Orbea Orca http://gallery.mac.com/phototravel#100016 and need a TT bike for myself. I haven't ridden either bike as my GF's B2 is too big for me and there are no LBS's that have the Ordu. Anyone have any experience with either or both of these bikes? I can get the B2 Frame for $1500 (retail is $2000) or the Ordu frame for $2500 (retail was $3000), ...any advice?

· Registered
176 Posts
I have an Ordu and love it, but I have no frame of reference as it is the only TT bike I have had. I also have an Orca road bike and as much as a TT and road bike can be similar, I think the rides are similar. Realize that's not much help. Good luck in your choice. I doubt you could go wrong with either purchase.

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ordu questions

megmarc said:
I have an Ordu and love it, but I have no frame of reference as it is the only TT bike I have had. I also have an Orca road bike and as much as a TT and road bike can be similar, I think the rides are similar. Realize that's not much help. Good luck in your choice. I doubt you could go wrong with either purchase.
Thanks for your response. Can you tell me a bit more about the Ordu's stiffness index? Is it a comfortable enough ride, in your opinion, for LOTS of training miles and an Ironman distance race? Any pics of your bike would be appreciated, too.

· Registered
176 Posts
Sure

Keep in mind I have no frame of reference to other TT bikes so I am only comparing it to my Orca. I would consider it to be much stiffer than the Orca. To me this is only noticeable on turns. I have a very tight turn on my daily route and the line I can hold on the Ordu is not near as tight as what I can hold on the Orca. But it is still very stable and I have no concerns about it at all. I think it is just the nature of the bike. My racing and training on the Ordu are all TT related and almost all 40K races so if you are predominantly a triathlon participant I'm not sure my 24 mile rides are any comparison to your potentially much longer bike portions of a triathlon. However, with that said, assuming a flat course, I can stay on the aerobars the entire 40K without much if any discomfort from the bike. I have occassionally gotten out of the saddle to give my rear end a rest, but that's usually just momentary. For frame of reference I am 57 years old and have only been riding for about 6 or 7 years and racing for 3. If you are an entry level triathlete I think you would be very happy with the Ordu. If you are a Cat 1 or 2 (if that's what they call it in triathlons) I'd suggest you get more info from more experience riders before you base a descion on my thoughts. But I love my Ordu. Bought the frame on Ebay and had it built the way I wanted it and have had no probems whatsoever withit. Good luck in your choice. And keep racing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.