Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than the FSA headset that comes standard on ORCA frames, what other or better ones are compatible to the FSA one? I tried Record Headset but its not the same and would not fit.

·
Registered
196 Posts
your main "upgrade" would be, like anything else, ceramic. FSA has a ceramic headset as well, would be an upgrade from our stock headsets from Orbea. I think Chris King headsets would also qualify as an upgrade, but i know a bit less about them.

·
Registered
196 Posts
i assume you've done ceramic on the rest of the bike first? if not i'd spend on ceramic BB, rear derailleur cog, etc before worrying about headsets. Pretty much the last thing to do.

·
Registered
169 Posts
WhyRun said:
your main "upgrade" would be, like anything else, ceramic. FSA has a ceramic headset as well, would be an upgrade from our stock headsets from Orbea. I think Chris King headsets would also qualify as an upgrade, but i know a bit less about them.
86 the Chris King. They don't make internal headsets. They are sweet though. I have one on my steely.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WhyRun said:
i assume you've done ceramic on the rest of the bike first? if not i'd spend on ceramic BB, rear derailleur cog, etc before worrying about headsets. Pretty much the last thing to do.
Yes I have done most Ceramic upgrades, with the Super Record 11 it comes with Ceramic BB and have also changed the cogs.

jim

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just to finish my cereamic upgrades. Also there is nothing on my Orca with FSA parts, so just wanted to be different.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The King Inset won't work with the Orca. It is for pressed in integrated headsets not drop ins like the Orca.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts