Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should be here in a couple of days. I want to completely DESTROY my body.

I was somewhat skeptical at first, but I keep talking to people here at work, and friends around the country who have done it, and gotten rather impressive results.

My one buddy is about to start his third month of it, and he lost 27 pounds and went from a 36 to a 33 waist size already. And he's only 2 months in.

Anyone else here done it?

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,438 Posts
Well, you're bound to achieve the destruction of your body. I bid your body good luck.

·
Lets Go Hokies!!!
5,930 Posts
One of my coworkers is doing it. He was always pretty half a$$ed about working out, but this is really working well for him. He was the type of guy that would go to the hotel gym and do some weak exercise for 30 minutes while I tried to kill myself. Since he started P90X we go on challenging runs and work really hard. Its been really good for him. Don't know exactly how much he's lost, but we wear uniforms and everyone has noticed. Especially in his face...you can really tell there.

·
I ride in circles..
4,645 Posts
If it motivates you and rips you apart then sweet! Let us know. I might need to do it next winter.

·
Non non normal
10,100 Posts
My son is in month two and he is getting cut. That stuff reminds me too much of wrestling practice and I want no parts of that right now.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I absolutely destroyed my body by swimming 20 hours per week for the last couple months and I gained 10 pounds.

\\I thought you were talking about some sort of Sony DSLR at first and that you wanted to destroy your old DSLR body before the new one that you ordered came.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Where did you order yours from? I've seen prices ranging from $32 to $120.

I HATE "at home workout" [email protected], but I like the idea of having something different when I am bored with the trainer (which is always) or can't get out on the snowshoes/snowboard etc, during winters.

I don't want a six pack, nor do I need more muscles, which is what this system seems to be about in great part. However, it has some butt exercises, cardio, and yoga stuff that might be a nice change.

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OldEndicottHiway said:
Where did you order yours from? I've seen prices ranging from $32 to $120.

I HATE "at home workout" [email protected], but I like the idea of having something different when I am bored with the trainer (which is always) or can't get out on the snowshoes/snowboard etc, during winters.

I don't want a six pack, nor do I need more muscles, which is what this system seems to be about in great part. However, it has some butt exercises, cardio, and yoga stuff that might be a nice change.

Ordered it from Beach Body directly. Has a 90 day money back guarantee. They also have a version called P90X LEAN, that is focused more for women, and is not as much strengthening.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hi All,

I am new to road biking but I am on round two of p90x it does work I went from a 21% BF to 13% at last check. I just ordered a New Trek Madone and can't wait to start working hard on the bike too.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
so how are you going to incorporate riding with the P90X program?

I have done quite a few of the workouts (USMC) and holy hell they kick your ass in a short amount of time.

I'll be doing it soon...curious to see how your going to ride.

I also would like to run with the program.

Chad

·
Registered
277 Posts
Nimitz said:
so how are you going to incorporate riding with the P90X program?

I have done quite a few of the workouts (USMC) and holy hell they kick your ass in a short amount of time.

I'll be doing it soon...curious to see how your going to ride.

I also would like to run with the program.

Chad
I am sure you were talking to the OP but yes I am. I will be swapping out all the cardio days for road work on the bike. I will be heading into round three next month it is such a great workout for your core as well as everywhere else.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
You could try my track workouts - those would totally kill you too.

// I too thought it was some camera lens.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
like all programs, ya gotta do what they say or it wont work. right, billy blanks?

anyway, of all the things i have seen advertised, this is probably the best. the "before" shots are taken of people who are already in shape. you see the before and think, "hey, that guy aint fat." then they show the after shot and you feel like a fat bastard.

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
jsedlak said:
what do you need other than the videos? weights? bars? anything?

You need resistance bands, dumbbells, and a pull up bar......That's pretty much it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
physasst said:
You need resistance bands, dumbbells, and a pull up bar......That's pretty much it.
I would say Dumbbells work much better then bands don't waste the money on bands. I would also add push up bars a yoga mat and a heart rate monitor. Go to u tube and do a search on p90x lots of good vids.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
Kevin_in_SB said:
I would say Dumbbells work much better then bands don't waste the money on bands. I would also add push up bars a yoga mat and a heart rate monitor. Go to u tube and do a search on p90x lots of good vids.
C'mon, be honest. You work for them, don't you ...

·
Registered
277 Posts
DrRoebuck said:
C'mon, be honest. You work for them, don't you ...
No I really don't but I do the p90x workouts and couldn't be happier with my transformation. I really am just starting to road bike and yes I am new here. I just saw the post and said hey there is something I know about here is my 2 cents.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts