Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for an Ultegra group and the prices on the UK sites seems pretty good (e.g., Wiggle, Total Cycling, Ribble, etc) -- around $800. Its not clear on these sites how VAT is handled. Being in the U.S., I don't have to pay the 17.5% VAT. Do the prices quoted on those sites include VAT? They don't really say. If so, when do they take it off?

Any one of them better -- they seem pretty similar? Any to avoid? Do they have sales periodically?

·
Registered
184 Posts
pmf said:
I'm looking for an Ultegra group and the prices on the UK sites seems pretty good (e.g., Wiggle, Total Cycling, Ribble, etc) -- around $800. Its not clear on these sites how VAT is handled. Being in the U.S., I don't have to pay the 17.5% VAT. Do the prices quoted on those sites include VAT? They don't really say. If so, when do they take it off?

Any one of them better -- they seem pretty similar? Any to avoid? Do they have sales periodically?

Once you input your location it'll automatically remove VAT. I've ordered from both Ribble and Probikekit and never get charged VAT. Your safe with either of those two sites. Every week PBK has a 7 day deals and free shipping to the US plus their coupon codes, the prices tend to come in the lowest compared to Ribble HTH.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts