Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand RBR needs ads to sustain the site, but do they need to be so intrusive and annoying? I pretty much ignored the Oregon ad at first since it only hit when I first went to the site. Now it is popping up every time I switch to different subforums. Every time the ad pops up, you have to cancel it before you can see anything. It is totally out of control and makes me wonder if I need to find another cycling website to hang out at -- and believe me there are plenty of other options. It also makes me think I never want to visit Oregon.

·
Cranky Old Bastard
2,337 Posts
Yes, I've only been here a few months and the ads are getting worse.

I always look at "New Posts". Sometimes I'll see one I want to read next but then the Oregon ad pops up and resets everything.

I now leave my earbuds plugged in because the dumb video commercials turn on by themselves. I get sick of hearing the same ads over and over again.

I'm not a whiner and these aren't killing the site for me. They're a relatively minor annoyance but still a PITA.

And I'm the kind of guy that will purposely not buy a product that has irritating advertising.

·
Anphaque II
6,176 Posts
What pop up ads are you people talking about?

I have so many ad killers, pop up blockers, etc I don't see any of that :D .

·
Hucken The Fard Up !
3,983 Posts
The funny thing is those Oregon moreons are obtaining from me exactly the opposite they pay for.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
31,664 Posts
What pop up ads are you people talking about?

I have so many ad killers, pop up blockers, etc I don't see any of that :D .
Yea, this site is unusable without an ad blocker and it isn't getting any better.

You either need Tapatalk or a good blocker to make it worth the mouse clicks and frustration of all the bloatware.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.