Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All

I am thinking about making a trip out to Oregon for some racing, followed by a couple of days in wine country, probably in late September/early October. Are schedules posted yet for 2008? Any recommendations on the better races/venues? I would like to be able to do two days of racing if possible.

Thanks

793 Posts
gregdogg62 said:
HI All

I am thinking about making a trip out to Oregon for some racing, followed by a couple of days in wine country, probably in late September/early October. Are schedules posted yet for 2008? Any recommendations on the better races/venues? I would like to be able to do two days of racing if possible.

Thanks

Schedule is here: http://app.obra.org/schedule

You can race both days pretty much every weekend from Mid September through the end of November.

The Cross Crusade races are by far the most well attended races, with races attendance dropping the further away from Portland you get.

When you say "Wine country" where specifically do you mean?
There are wineries all over the Willamette valley (which stretches about 100 miles south from Portland). You could hit one of the Salem CCX series races or Eugene races (Psyco Cross or Fox Hollow) on a Saturday, and then hit the wineries on Saturday afternoon before heading back to Portland for a Crusade Race on Sunday.

Not sure what the venue is for the Salem series races, as it's a new series.

Late September/early October timeframe, there is a fair chance that the weather will be sunny warm(ish) and the ground will be hard/dry/dusty. We typically don't get into the good steady cross weather until mid to late October.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.