Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

My frame showed up today. I am going to build up this week butwanted to ask if anyone has built this frame yet.

Also, ride quality of chromoly 4130 tubing.

My first CX bike.... I am so pumped up about this

·
Slightly Opinionated
10,231 Posts
I've got an Origin 8 Foxtrot. Aluminum butted with carbon rear end. Very nice frame. It built up quite easily, pretty lively ride, not too harsh, reasonably light.

No clue what the chromo tubing will be like though, so I guess this post was pretty pointless.

·
Registered
434 Posts
While I'm not familiar with your frame, I've ridden 4130 and it's nice riding steel. It's what Surly uses (or used, haven't checked lately) on a lot of their frames. It's at the lower end of the chromo spectrum that's used for bikes, but a lot of people ride it. I had a Surly 1x1 for a while and it was a blast. Likely won't build a super light bike, but I'm guessing you'll be very happy with the way it rides. Enjoy!

·
Registered
52 Posts
mtmcall said:
All,

My frame showed up today. I am going to build up this week butwanted to ask if anyone has built this frame yet.

Also, ride quality of chromoly 4130 tubing.

My first CX bike.... I am so pumped up about this
I just finished building a CX 700 and everything went together OK. I bought the frame at my lbs and had them install the head set, face the bottom bracket and spray the inside of the frame with rust preventative. The rest I did myself. The hardest thing is setting up the cantis but everything else was a piece of cake. I haven't raced it yet ( this Sunday ) but I've been doing some dirt roads and the ride is sweet. Solid, stable at speed ( 40 mph ) and very comfortable. The downside is the weight but the frame is versatile and the price was right. So far I love it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Tecopa Red said:
... I've been doing some dirt roads and the ride is sweet. Solid, stable at speed ( 40 mph ) and very comfortable. The downside is the weight but the frame is versatile and the price was right. So far I love it.

What size & fork did you get, and what's the weight? Details on the build & pics would be nice. I agree, the price makes this an intriguing possibility.

·
Registered
52 Posts
RacerX.29 said:
What size & fork did you get, and what's the weight? Details on the build & pics would be nice. I agree, the price makes this an intriguing possibility.
I got the 53 with the Origin8 steel fork and Origin8 headset.

Ritchey Comp stem
Salsa Bell Lap bar
Fizik Aliante saddle
TruVativ Stylo seatpost
Avid Shorty 6 brakes
TruVativ Touro 46-34 square taper crank 170 mm
Eggbeater pedals
IRD bottom bracket
Cane Creek Volos wheelset
Ritchey Trail Mix 700/35 tires
Shimano 105 shifters and deraileurs
SRAM 11-30 9 spd cassette

Don't have a camera so can't post pic. I spend all my money on bikes:crazy: The whole thing weighs about 25 pounds.

·
Banned
7,071 Posts
Thinking about getting that frame to build an old-school styled rigid 29er... apparently it'll fit 2.1" tires...

cantis, ta cranks, huret derailleurs, moose bars (Rawland makes a set for threadless...)

Let us know what you think of the frame!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts