Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Climbin' Clyde
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at two sets of wheels- the Easton/Velomax Orion and the Swiss 1450 Pro. I've always been a fan of the Velomax wheels, and have a Swiss wheelset on my Titus Racer-X that's performed very well. These two wheels are similar in weight, price, and from what I've read, strength. The biggest difference in my mind are the bladed spokes of the Swiss wheelset. Anybody have experience with bladed spokes?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Orions

i race on them in RRs & crits and i personally like them more than Ksyriums, etc etc.

spokes are bladed to give you an aero advantage. Bladed spokes in comination with a truly aero rim depth makes sense.

howeever, i'm not convinced that bladed spokes on a non-aero rim would really make that much of a diff - but I'm no expert.

so, if you're talking bladed spokes for TT efforts, then it would make sense. Otherwise in crits and RRs, any diff those kinda spokes would make would probably be negated by riding in a pack. unless you go off and stay off the front a lot... :p

·
Big is relative
11,901 Posts
Is the swiss wheelset still 1450? I thought that DT had to upgrade their rims to double eyelets due to cracking on the original. It would make them heavier. Can't go wrong with the Orion Wheels, I can't recall a bad review on them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.