Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was amazed that I was the only RBR member with a camera on that day. I had a great time on a good ride. Sorry Roe for the "mountains" of Florida on the single speed but mad props for toughing it out. Really great bunch of folks and the weather could not have been better. Oh and I did notice one thing.....not a single picture of me. I included a special shot of Gut for the ladies
Picture #1 Just heading out
Picture #2 Roe, CBRHAND, Gutfidde, Ampastoral
Picture #3 Ampastoral
Picture #4 Regrouping at the top of a hill
Picture #5 I love this man saddle...c0D3 for sure
Picture #6 Top of sugarloaf mountain at a water stop home owners put out.....sugarloaf mountain is not a mountain but rather a steep hill....unless of course you only have one gear, then it could be considered a moutain. Mad Props Roe
Picture #7 The Tiki Bar with all the Florida favorites playing in the background.....Roe got himself a few pieces of tail there.
Picture #8 Left to right, unknown chick with cute friends.....Gut, ampastoral, CBRHAND, and greg

Again had a great time....must do again.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Look at Gut in the last one looking AWAY from all the chicks as the other 3 guys are staring at them lol.

I agree with weltyed............where are all the cracks,potholes......crazy drivers oh and dont forget fresh roadkill laying around.

I smell photoshop lol

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Ah thanks Jup for the pix, Amp really looks thin next to me:) Was a really nice day for a ride except some outta shape jackass had to plan a route hitting every hill in the area. Only had one truck buzz close by and backtracked a little at the end when we missed the turn on the trail headed back to the park.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
See, boys, this is how it's done. A new thread just for the pics!

And yeah, the roads were insanely smooth. There was one sharp right that was caked in dirt from a dirt road that crossed, though, and I'm guess that's taken out more than one hot-shot roadie jerk. No offense, Amp. :cool:

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Sounds great, gosh maybe somebody who likes riding and suchlike ought to move there....at least for the winter. :rolleyes:

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MB1 said:
Sounds great, gosh maybe somebody who likes riding and suchlike ought to move there....at least for the winter. :rolleyes:

It was even cool enough to ride for you snowbirds that day.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
jupiterrn said:
It was even cool enough to ride for you snowbirds that day.
We've been keeping an eye on Central Florida weather.

No question, we are getting ready to head back there this month.

We are trying hard to decide if we are going to hit the bakeries or the Tiki Bar first.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Great day to ride with all the RBR guys, just wish a few more from FL would have been able to make it. We've got to get GF in a little better shape before his challenge/death ride with MissM and MB1 this winter. I want to be there with MissM rolls up Sugarloaf on her SS and leaves GF panting to keep up.

Yes, the roads in that part of the state are really nice and we saw lots of other riders along the way. At the stop on top of Sugarloaf, another group pre-riding the Horrible Hundred course stopped to talk with us just after Jup took the shot of Greg and me. They had passed Doc and GF on the way up and marveled at Doc coming out on his SS to ride the "hills."

Great to meet all the other RBRs who made it to the ride and look forward to doing it again soon.

·
Good news everyone!
5,452 Posts
I would have been there except that my mom wanted to have a birthday celebration that day. I spent the day on the water in a canoe drinking beer and catching fish :D

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Gotta make the FL ride next time!

·
Non non normal
10,098 Posts
Gut, you look just like me from the back.

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
i'm ready for the next one!!!

i'll say it again, and repeat what seems to come from every RBR get-together. top class people. period.

i've been AWOL for quite a while now, but as soon as joeh notified me to the ride...i was in. my absence has been one of life-necessity...not choice. i'm in my final year of coursework of working on a phd in literature while still teaching full time. i've had the kiddo a lot more than usual (full time for long stretches....which is good for both of us, and a joy), and also dealing with home renovations. almost all "fat" has been cut from my life, and unfortunately, trying to match wits with the group here sadly succumbed to that process. (and i still owe fredke a mixed tape...and this pains me)

as i told roebuck, i pop in from time to time to take a quick survey of the lowje. much of the names and most of the humor still resonate....so i sigh in relief, smile, and get back to my work. it's nice to know the community is still here.

i had no plans to ride the horrible hundred....but now it may be in the cards. an excuse to meet up with some of these guys (and others that didn't make it) makes for an enticing justification.

and joeh (my long lost brother), you need to know, i drove wifey's car to the ride (30 min trip). her 6500 song ipod was on shuffle (HER ipod mind you, so she is not the jawbreaker fan that i am...) and i had TWO jawbreaker songs pop up on the trip out there. one that was in mid-play as i parked. you, sir, just bucked the gods. twas really meant to be.......oh well.

gut, jup, dr, chb...a real pleasure. anytime friends, anytime.
cheers

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hi guys. Great pics.

I live near UCF. Where does this ride start and end? What's the route? When are you going next???

Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts