Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help deciding which Ortlieb panniers to go with. I just called Ortlieb and the panniers I wanted are no longer available in blue (the Bike Packer Plus and the Front Roller Plus). They were available in blue last year (2008), but new panniers have come out for 2009.

Now they have the Classic Bike Packer and Classic Front Roller. Does anyone have and use those panniers? What do you have to say?

I would really appreciate any serious comments. I need to get my panniers as soon as possible. Thanks.

- Riding 4 Life
http://vj4him.blogspot.com/

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I have Ortlieb panniers and many of their other produts as well. I have used their caving products for over a decade. The panniers I have used for about 8 years. I have the Backroller Classic (I think). They work very well. All Ortlieb products are the highest quality. There is no other pannier I would use for touring or commuting.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lancezneighbor said:
I have Ortlieb panniers and many of their other produts as well. I have used their caving products for over a decade. The panniers I have used for about 8 years. I have the Backroller Classic (I think). They work very well. All Ortlieb products are the highest quality. There is no other pannier I would use for touring or commuting.
Thanks for your input. I'm sure that I will be very pleased with the Ortlieb panniers, when I finally do have them on my bike! I've decided to go with the Bike Backer Plus in yellow for the rear, and the Front Roller Plus in blue (I believe they only have blue for that pannier).

I already have the outer pockets for all four panniers. When I get my Arkel Big Bar Bag and Carradice Long Flap, I should be able to do some serious riding ... !!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts