Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a huge Windowz fanboi. I would use a linux distro if .net was supported better and had visual studio. Anyways, this actually came as a surprise!

http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=2941

It’s really simple. Safari on the Mac is easier to exploit. The things that Windows do to make it harder (for an exploit to work), Macs don’t do. Hacking into Macs is so much easier. You don’t have to jump through hoops and deal with all the anti-exploit mitigations you’d find in Windows.

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
people write viruses/malware for Windows because 99.9% of computers are Windows based. Why waste your time writing that kind of crap that'll only work on .1% of the computers? Macs don't need as much protection cause no one is gunning for them.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
Peanya said:
people write viruses/malware for Windows because 99.9% of computers are Windows based. Why waste your time writing that kind of crap that'll only work on .1% of the computers? Macs don't need as much protection cause no one is gunning for them.
bill gates should hire some hackers then

·
Registered
422 Posts
Windows needs to make you jump through hoops and deal with all the anti-exploit mitigation because the underlying security is crap. Everything you runs is either run by SYSTEM or Administrator the two highest level privileged accounts. I don't use a Mac, I use Linux every day on my home & work computer so I don't know what the security model is like for a Mac but I hear its based on BSD. But this is why a lot of people hate Vista because it adds that extra layer of security were everything isn't run by super user. Vista, bringing 1970s security to the 21st century.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
jsedlak said:
I am a huge Windowz fanboi. I would use a linux distro if .net was supported better and had visual studio. Anyways, this actually came as a surprise!

http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=2941
You use visual Studio and are still a windows Fanboi?

I've had visual studio crash at least 5 times today alone. As for .net, I'm an old curmudgeon, I miss the power of C++ and pointers. I want enough rope to shoot myself in the foot;-)

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
jsedlak said:
What antivirus software are you running?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Windows sure is better....that's why OSX Leopard was and continues to be a huge success while Microsoft abandoned Vista.

Think before you speak next time, that way you wont sound so stupid.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
EurotrashGLi said:
You're so cool. I bet you have a Mac.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
wtf uses Safari?

joe

·
Self-Banned
16,905 Posts
I run OS X and Windows XP SP3 on the same machine.

I don't use Safari, I use Firefox 3 with both operating systems.

If there were OS X versions of programs such as AutoCAD, Rhinoceros and SolidWorks and etc. I would never use Windows.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DrRoebuck said:
What antivirus software are you running?
I don't run antivirus. Haven't had a virus in roughly 8 years give or take a year.

EurotrashGLi said:
Windows sure is better....that's why OSX Leopard was and continues to be a huge success while Microsoft abandoned Vista.

OSX gained a minute amount of marketshare while Vista has been out. Microsoft hasn't abandoned Vista but rather is investing time into the second service pack for the OS. The reason why Windows 7 has a very close release date is due to the management changes which put Sinofsky (used to head up Office development) in charge. The move was an important one to get Windows releases on a tighter and more frequent schedule.

But you don't care about that do you? You rather use such a delightful and original insult to flame a MS fanboy because of the public's negative perception of an otherwise successful OS. I could droll on and on about why your post is an ignorant, unfounded and unoriginal attack but I figure you won't listen anyways so I shouldn't bother.

// I am not like this in real life, I swear.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts

·
What the Hell is going on
5,155 Posts
Windows Vista? Hell, I'm still using Windows 98.

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
DrRoebuck said:
You're so cool. I bet you have a Mac.
yes i am....I would use it in a house, I would use it with a mouse(bluetooth)

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
EurotrashGLi said:

Wow. I'm in awe at your penchant for insulting the intellectual sounds of someone, while lacing it with a personal jibe together.

Must be 2for1 combo night.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.