Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Non non normal
10,098 Posts
I go to the Chinese Buffet and the Golden Corral three times a week.

·
On your left!
1,299 Posts
Run, run and run

and in-line skate race, swim, snow (and mountain) board...

but the hardest workout is keeping the kids busy and wife happy... :confused:

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Skiing (cross-country, telemark, touring), walk, hike, play hockey twice a week, play with my kids. Oh, did I mention that sex helps too?

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Mac'N'Cheese. Correction: Death by Mac'N'Cheese. At least twice a week.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,287 Posts
"Stay" in shape? To stay in my current shape I do nothing. This winter I have been very successful in my program.

Normally lift, yoga and volleyball, but injuries this winter have kept me sedentary and sitting around the house, and boy when I sit around the house.....

·
Registered
187 Posts
Running, work out at the gym. Recently started hiking a lot through the forest preserves, not a great workout, but when you're carrying a bunch of photography equipment it adds some resistance. Guess the same goes for golf...I never use a cart and always carry my bag.

·
Non non normal
10,098 Posts
dr hoo said:
"Stay" in shape? To stay in my current shape I do nothing. This winter I have been very successful in my program.

Normally lift, yoga and volleyball, but injuries this winter have kept me sedentary and sitting around the house, and boy when I sit around the house.....

I bet stout doesn't help out either :)

·
Quiet, daddy's drinking
5,887 Posts
How about a threesome?

Triathlon that is, baby! Swim, bike, run or as I do it drown, crash, slog. Also throw in some kayaking and hiking and one armed 12 oz. curles.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
sure it does, you know since stouts are heavier than light beer, there is more resistance in lifting the glass (only heathens drink directly out of the bottle :D ) to take a drink, why do you think all the bar guys are good at arm wrestling ?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I run for about 45 min. a day. If I don't exercise before going to bed, I can't sleep. Probably psychosomatic, but I'm up all night unless I exercise.

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
I throw darts, race remote control cars against my son, open and close the cooler (alternating arms).

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
bigbill said:
I throw darts, race remote control cars against my son, open and close the cooler (alternating arms).
I used to LOVE racing remote control cars. When my brother and I were in high school, they started producing those really fast gasoline powered ones. We would outfit ours with all kinds of armor and $hit, and then try and destroy eachother's cars (and legs). I should sue those guys who produce battle of teh robots or whatever it is for ripping off our idea. It got out of hand when, while loaded on booze and some sort of stimulant, we started experimenting with remote control cars outfitted with blasting caps. Not safe, and we also learned that fire extinguishers are largely ineffective against brush fires.

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
bigbill said:
Nice to know that my pal Bill is a man of many talents :) . The worst is getting a muscle cramp in the upper arm and not knowing whether the pain is from throwing darts or lifting pints of beers.
Cheers, Wayne

·
$4000 bike - two bit legs
1,433 Posts
eat chocolate

Friction_Shifter said:
I work out at the gym and canoe (when its warm enough).
For Valentine's Day, one of my wife's patients gave her not one, but two, five pound bags of M&M's. She brought them home...so Paul grabs a handful here, a handfull there. Very filling. So as to counteract the M&M's....I spend my workout time....

Running 3-4 times per week 3-5 miles per time. 7 to 8 min/mile pace.
In the gym lifting weights. Really bad for cycling, but I like doing it.
I used to play competitive racquetball until my club converted our courts to a video arcarde and family basketball center.

After running a lot over the last 6 months, I have learned that running hurts. I quickly got over the pain of actually running. Doing a five mile run is now no big deal. It's the secondary pains of running: knee pain, lower back pain, foot pain, etc... I learned the hard way that I have to have good shoes that are properly fitted (not any old running shoes from the sporting goods store), stretch before and AFTER running, and try to run on grass and not the sidewalk. I actually kinda enjoy the running. So much so that I've competed in two races and have entered one Bi and one Tri. But it still hurts. Gawd I can't wait til the weather breaks and I can start riding again!!!

·
Roadies Rejoice
975 Posts
Friction_Shifter said:
I work out at the gym and canoe (when its warm enough).
Concept II erg (An evil evil machine, it mocks me, I can hear it, really), lift weights, play hockey

1 - 20 of 49 Posts