Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ooof, got my first one of these yesterday, what a gross, infected mess. Do the model with the little plastic platform solve this problem, and if so do they create other problems? I'd buy them if they engaged as easy as the eggbeaers but didi not have that little issue.

· Game on, b*tches!
13,528 Posts
I did the same with my spd's. Took out a nice chunk of flesh about a month or so ago. It finally healed. I just got eggbeaters. This isn't looking promising.....

· Registered
339 Posts
What problem do you want solved? I'm picturing both my eggbeaters and my quattro's (slightly larger platform than the candy's for the road bike) in my head and I think they would both have similar results in a pedal meets shin incident.

I've only ever had bruises and some small cuts from such incidents though in the past with the eggbeaters, what part of the pedal caused so much damage? I thought the eggbeaters were fairly well rounded for the most part?

· Registered
1,194 Posts
jaseone said:
What problem do you want solved? I'm picturing both my eggbeaters and my quattro's (slightly larger platform than the candy's for the road bike) in my head and I think they would both have similar results in a pedal meets shin incident.

I've only ever had bruises and some small cuts from such incidents though in the past with the eggbeaters, what part of the pedal caused so much damage? I thought the eggbeaters were fairly well rounded for the most part?
Exactly. Any pedal will injure you when you really whack your shin on it. Hey, there's an idea, padded pedals!

· Ti me up
1,243 Posts
jroden said:
Ooof, got my first one of these yesterday, what a gross, infected mess. Do the model with the little plastic platform solve this problem, and if so do they create other problems? I'd buy them if they engaged as easy as the eggbeaers but didi not have that little issue.
Yeah, I've had the same thing on my MTB. Trying to clip in on a steep-grade fire road when there hadn't been rain in months, spun the back wheel in the dust and slipped off the pedal, raking it down my shin. That was ugle. Now I ride Eggs on my road bike, and Candy's on my MTB. Having a little extra platform seems to help on the MTB where I may be unclipped for technical sections, or when I'm trying to get clipped in on a steep grade like that. I never need that on my road bike, so the Eggs are perfect there.

· Not Banned
49,249 Posts
it's where they got the nickname

Leggbeaters. during a race when you are lacking oxygen pedal misses increase. get the Candy's, wacky thermoplastic against the shin is far better than that mixing machine beater.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.