Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
14,685 Posts
I guess you are refering to the questions asked ...

by Kerry's operatives. That was a dirty trick and those questions have since been answered through the release of all of Bush's military records. Please try to stay current :D

·
Banned
301 Posts
The Live Steam Truth Bell: DING DING DING

It will ring every time he distorts or lies.

Lie #1: That these duly credentialed White House reporters were 'Kerry operatives.'

Lie #2: That the White House document dump answered any questions about frat boy's AWOL status.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,288 Posts

·
Banned
301 Posts
These were Kerry operatives asking the questions?

Hell, these questions have already been answered, as everyone knows.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
How long can Bush insist that he doesn't remember what he was doing before people start to ask <i>why</i> his recollections are so fuzzy, or what might have made them so.

·
Banned
14,685 Posts
Sleeping in the White House and ...

and memory loss appear to correlate :D Dems never had a problem with it before, so why start now?

·
Banned
14,685 Posts
No I said there must be something in .....

the water at the White House that causes forgetfulness. We all wittnessed this phenomenon for eight log years :D

·
Banned
14,685 Posts
You heard it here first ....

the Democrats admit the Clintons were lying to the American public for 8 long years :D

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
Bush's military records haven't answered anything.

That's bogus, Steam. The stuff they released last Friday (too late for the news cycle, you may have noticed) contained nothing new, and much of that big stack of paper you saw reporters looking through was duplicated pages, apparently to slow down the search (why else would they copy some pages two and three times?) Then when you winnow it all down, there's still no evidence he showed up.
Check this, too: An 8,000 circulation house organ did a short story on me in the military a few years ago, and I got 11 letters from people I'd known in Vietnam or in training. Last August, SAIL magazine did a story on my dad's ship in WWII, with a 1942 picture of him but no name. Sixty years after the fact, three of his shipmates (out of a crew of about two dozen, at least half of whom must be dead now) recognized him and tracked him down.
So here's Bush, in the news every day for a decade, member of one of America's most prominent families, president of the g*****n United States, and ONE ex-pilot has stepped up to say he remembers him? Does that mean more people know me than know the president?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Anyone know of similar transcripts from the Clinton administrations

I am just curious if there was also a tougher Q&A session in the morning and a more cordial one in the afternoon back then.

If this practice only began in the "W" administration or only in Republican administrations, then it will be evidence of preferrential treatment by the press core covering the administration. However, if there are transcripts showing similar adversarial question and answer session, that will put a pretty big dent on this "media bias" charge.

By the way Steam, I find your arguments that Clinton lied to be not very convincing. I thought President Bush campaigned as a moral, straight talking alternative to Clinton. If he was only as bad as Clinton, then he has failed in my book. This coming from someone who got pretty tired of all the self inflicted sideshows towards the end of Bubba's presidency.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
What else do the voices tell you? I see no such admissions.

Clinton did lie about his sex life, as many people would be inclined to do. I know the Real Men with Real Man Values proudly trumpet their indiscretions, tossing their lovers and families alike to the media wolves in the name of "integrity".

So Real Men talk straight about their sex lives, but lie about serving their country? Fascinating.

·
Banned
14,685 Posts
I didn't say Bush lied. Czar made that ...

extrapolation. I simply stated that if Bush claims to not remember, which I don't believe he ever stated, then it is understandable because it happened a long time ago. The Clintons understandably had a tough time recollecting events, many events, a real lot of events, that took place a long time ago, too.

The press were never that brash in questioning Clinton's press secretaries. I doubt you could cite any instance where anything remotely resembling what happened last week occured.

·
Registered
116 Posts
So all this time you were only baiting the Liberal forum members?

Steam,

Are you actually a reasonable individual (albeit one who can't stand the Clintons) playing a ranting conservative on an internet forum and laughing at everyone taking your bait? I can appreciate your distaste for the Clintons. It is amazing to me how the left's rage towards Bush the same way I recall the right's rage against Cliton. I myself is guilty of this. Even on Bush proposals that I agree with on principle, like the temporary worker program, I notice that my first emotional response is that of suspicion

By the way. I recall the press grilling the Clinton and his Press Secretaries pretty hard. They were comproble to the televised Bush press conferences. That is why I am always confused by the charge of liberal bias Travel gate, Whitewater, Forster, Paula Jones. I never got the impression that the general media, let alone the Washington press core ever gave Clinton much of a break on any of those issues.

For me the interesting revelation is the "informal" press conference earliear in the day. This can help confirm or rebuque charges that the press gave Clinton a pass

Live Steam said:
extrapolation. I simply stated that if Bush claims to not remember, which I don't believe he ever stated, then it is understandable because it happened a long time ago. The Clintons understandably had a tough time recollecting events, many events, a real lot of events, that took place a long time ago, too.

The press were never that brash in questioning Clinton's press secretaries. I doubt you could cite any instance where anything remotely resembling what happened last week occured.

·
Registered
69 Posts
next topic, please

czardonic said:
What else do the voices tell you? I see no such admissions.

Clinton did lie about his sex life, as many people would be inclined to do. I know the Real Men with Real Man Values proudly trumpet their indiscretions, tossing their lovers and families alike to the media wolves in the name of "integrity".

So Real Men talk straight about their sex lives, but lie about serving their country? Fascinating.
Are you implying that Clinton has more character than Bush? That would be asinine (you're not, but that implication is).

What big secret are you trying to reveal? That Bush lied about missing out on a few drills? BFD!! Who cares?! Why do you think this is a significant measure of character and integrity?! IT ISNT! Adultery and lying under oath are good examples of how to measure character and integrity. I am so sick of this subject! Move on!!

I simply dont understand why anybody really cares. Theres no story in it. Not even Kerry cares; he said himself its not an issue. Its things like this that make the media look like democratic hand puppets. And if you're taking the bait, you're just encouraging the reporters.

·
Banned
14,685 Posts
Well let's just say ...

this isn't the place to be diplomatic. How fun would that be ;) In reality I can't stand Hillery. Bill, on the other hand, would probably be fun to have a few beers with. His treatment of his office, on the other hand, did leave me with the impression that he had no respect for it.

The press were covering those stories because they sort of had to. Each network feared losing viewership to the other, if they didn't. However I never saw the type of confrontation that occured last week. Granted I didn't watch every White House briefing either, so anything is possible. But, I don't remember anything like it making news.

kilimanjaro said:
Steam,

Are you actually a reasonable individual (albeit one who can't stand the Clintons) playing a ranting conservative on an internet forum and laughing at everyone taking your bait? I can appreciate your distaste for the Clintons. It is amazing to me how the left's rage towards Bush the same way I recall the right's rage against Cliton. I myself is guilty of this. Even on Bush proposals that I agree with on principle, like the temporary worker program, I notice that my first emotional response is that of suspicion

By the way. I recall the press grilling the Clinton and his Press Secretaries pretty hard. They were comproble to the televised Bush press conferences. That is why I am always confused by the charge of liberal bias Travel gate, Whitewater, Forster, Paula Jones. I never got the impression that the general media, let alone the Washington press core ever gave Clinton much of a break on any of those issues.

For me the interesting revelation is the "informal" press conference earliear in the day. This can help confirm or rebuque charges that the press gave Clinton a pass

1 - 20 of 26 Posts