Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm trading my dad frames this weekend and I have the option to trade wheelsets as well. I know none of these wheels are preferred, but if these are the only options right now, which set and why?? I plan on having some handbuilts built soon, but I need something in the meantime. For reference, I live in Boulder. Don't race now, but might get a few in over the next couple months..

A. Ksyrium SSC SL. They are the silver ones, and a little older, but they're what I have on my Time now and have held up well.

B. Bontrager Race XXX Lites. With the white spokes. decent bling. probably the least stable.

C. Rolf Vigors. I've had these before. not the biggest fan of the paired spoke design, so I'm leaning towards the ksyriums til i get the new wheels.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
that list only, the SLs... they are a solid wheel in the short to medium term, and have the most quality components outta that list, and they will probably have a higher retained resale value for when u get some custom jobbies done...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.