Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a nice little tailwind century today.

Started in Gettysburg, ended in DC.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After the last few hot and humid weeks todays mild weather was wonderful to ride in.

We intended and did take full advantage of it.

A great day for a ride.

Best part?

Tomorrow we get to do it again! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JP said:
Did Mrs MB always have the Gunnar? I only remember the Waterfords.
New this spring. I wanted her to have a geared bike with S&S couplers.

She likes it.

·
What the what???
12,711 Posts
Though I personally have a hard time reconciling "little" and "century" it looked like an excellent ride. I couldn't help but notice the "off road" section. How long did you have to ride in the grass before you found a good shoulder again?

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Damn kids always riding on my lawn!

:)

·
Failboat Captian
6,527 Posts
You really should start thinking about doing longer rides. Those short ones just won't keep you in shape. Oh... and also... you might want to think about getting nice bikes for longer rides. Those cheap bikes just won't hold up and be comfortable for very long. :D

//stop taking away my pride for riding 60 miles on the weekend and commuting 2-3 days a week. I know your goal in life is simply to make other people feel like chit. Jerk. :D

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
YuriB said:
Next year I wanna do this ride!
Well, you know how we ride.

You are welcome to come along but don't forget you gotta ride back to Gettysburg the next day to retrieve your car! :eek:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Because of you ?

Hi...D you guys realise how many people you inspire to get out there and do it.To be a participant not a watcher.Thanks for your effort to post your photos and rides.Im going to get a vaya and will do this type of riding on it as the road bike is not good for those distances.As im from a different country could you please explain why some of your bridges have roofs on them ? Thanks..

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rob2500 said:
H....As im from a different country could you please explain why some of your bridges have roofs on them ? Thanks..
Bad weather, a covered wooden bridge will last 2-3 times longer before needing replacement than an uncovered bridge.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts