Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
ultimobici said:
Does anyone know why it "doubles up" messages received?

It's bugging the hell out of me!
i'm guessing you're getting duplicate messages, like two of the same message?

if it's corporate, call the help desk and open a ticket.

or if you have direct access to the email admins, call them.

sounds like you have duplicate addresses in the GAL.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haiku d'etat said:
i'm guessing you're getting duplicate messages, like two of the same message?
Yes I am.

if it's corporate, call the help desk and open a ticket.
No it's not.

or if you have direct access to the email admins, call them.
Not sure quite what you mean.

sounds like you have duplicate addresses in the GAL.
How can I check & correct?

Many thanks.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
ultimobici said:
Yes I am.

No it's not.

Not sure quite what you mean.

How can I check & correct?

Many thanks.
not sure. i used outlook/exchange for many years in a corp environ, but not since. last 2 yr, lotus notes. we're migrating O-N. is this at home?

btw sorry for tech speak, GAL = global address list = address book.

this is what i do for a livin', but yer gonna have to tell me how you use it, where, and etc, fer me to hep ya.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use Outlook 2000 for email for 3 addresses, but I receive 2 copies of any message received by my yahoo.co.uk account. The other two accounts don't suffer from this problem.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
ultimobici said:
I use Outlook 2000 for email for 3 addresses, but I receive 2 copies of any message received by my yahoo.co.uk account. The other two accounts don't suffer from this problem.
sounds like you're forwarding from yahoo to outlook.

do you have an alias setup in your yahoo.co.uk account, for your outlook 2k account?

if so, why?

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
ultimobici said:
An Alias? Would I have to activate that or does yahoo create it automatically? By resetting up the yahoo account in Outlook would it cure the problem?
no, yahoo does not auto setup an alias. i'm not sure on outlook, tho. yer gettting over my head. i know Notes in and out, but i'm only an outlook "user".

let's get this straight for me: anything you get from your yahoo account, forwarded to outlook, is getting duplicated. yes?

if so, there's something in the way you setup your yahoo to forward to outlook that's doing it.

first thing i would do is check your personal addresses in yahoo to make sure there aren't two entries for your outlook account. that would prolly be it.

ulti, you're going to make me climb up to the top of the roof of my 1-br ranch-style and jump. :rolleyes:

what's the time dif? you should call me.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haiku d'etat said:
sounds like you're forwarding from yahoo to outlook.

do you have an alias setup in your yahoo.co.uk account, for your outlook 2k account?

if so, why?
An Alias? Would I have to activate that or does yahoo create it automatically? By resetting up the yahoo account in Outlook would it cure the problem?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts