Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting parts together for a Merlin build and found a "new" Reynolds Ouzo Pro some guy was selling on ebay for a good price. I needed a 45 rake and the guy said that's what it was. I got it yesterday and the label on the steerer shows it to be a 43 rake. It doesn't look like it's ever been on a bike, but in looking at pics of new Ouzo Pros, they all have the carbon fiber showing through the clearcoat. The one I have doesn't have any carbon showing, just a high gloss black finish (with some fingerprints imbeded int the clear coat by the shoulder). It also has a small hole (pin head size) on the inside of both forks, about 3 1/4" above the drop outs. The guy won't return my emails for a refund, and now I'm beginning to wonder if this is a legit Reynolds Ouzo Pro fork or a some Knock-off with the decals. Can anyone looking at the pics tell if this is an older model Ouzo Pro or is it likely a rip off copy?
:confused:
Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
It's legit. I have Ouzo Pro Lite forks on my scoot, and they have no decorative CF layer. When you "see" CF weave, you're typically seeing a decorative layer. Mount it and ride. The 2mm difference in offset is small and likely you won't notice the difference. It's effect will be to slow the steering to a very small degree.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alienator said:
It's legit. I have Ouzo Pro Lite forks on my scoot, and they have no decorative CF layer. When you "see" CF weave, you're typically seeing a decorative layer. Mount it and ride. The 2mm difference in offset is small and likely you won't notice the difference. It's effect will be to slow the steering to a very small degree.
Thanks for the info alienator...much appreciated!:)

·
Banned
653 Posts
If there is still any question as to it being as advertised, call Reynolds
and give them the id number. Ask if anyone has sent in a registraion card with that number,
or where or to whom it was sold. You can at least give it a shot, they are nice
over the phone.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Road cyclist said:
If there is still any question as to it being as advertised, call Reynolds
and give them the id number. Ask if anyone has sent in a registraion card with that number,
or where or to whom it was sold. You can at least give it a shot, they are nice
over the phone.
Good idea. Will do. Thanks:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts