Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
MTBR Member
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Go get yourself a cold one, or make a sandwich as you wait for the pictures to load, if you have a slow connection.

My day started early. I was on the bike by 7am. My mom had decided she was going to ride her bike to work. Her commute is 20km one way from Niagara Falls to Niagara on the Lake. She wanted company, so i joined her. I have no pictures from that trip, but I really enjoyed the quiet country roads in the morning sun. After she arrived, i turned around, and headed back. 40km done before 10am.

My sister wanted to go for a ride in St. Catharines, as did I. She chose to drive, and save her energy for the trails, whereas I decided to ride ~19km to the trails. We probably rode ~25-30km. Then, I rode back from St. Catharines to Niagara Falls.

And now for the good stuff. Pictures!

·
MTBR Member
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like it too

SRV said:
I really like the picture of your sister in the middle of the field. How did she get out there without making a visible trail?
Nothing special. Just a mix of prancing, and walking. I guess the grass does not disturb easily.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Canada Day

was perfect on the West Coast. I cycled down to the rowing club, rowed in a throw together eight for a couple of hours under perfect blue skies. Had lunch, cycled about for a while, walked the dog a couple of times, had a few beer on a sunny deck, went out for dinner and then watched the fireworks from my building's roof.

Now I am putting off going to work.

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Very nice.

Definitely the best pic:

Was she singing the sound of music?? :)

Tell her to get a Rocky Mountain also! Got to have that maple leaf :).

·
MTBR Member
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ridgetop said:
Definitely the best pic:

Was she singing the sound of music?? :)
I'll leave that up to your imagination. :aureola:
Ridgetop said:
Tell her to get a Rocky Mountain also! Got to have that maple leaf :).
When she was shopping for a bike, colour and appearance were very important. She was not a fan of the colour (green/white, without the maple leaf theme) on the Rocky at her price point.

·
MTBR Member
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MTT said:
Dumb question- does Canada Day celebrate independence or something else? I love it up there, and since I live close to Vancouver, I go up often...............MTT
The it's an anniversary of confederation, or a birthday if you will. The occasion marks the joining of the British colonies of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Ontario, and Quebec.

·
...?
1,481 Posts
Those pictures made me sooooo home sick. Im from Vermont, where alot of the roads look the same as in your pics. I also used to live really close to a trail head and used to mountain bike.

·
MTBR Member
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
randi_526 said:
Those pictures made me sooooo home sick. Im from Vermont, where alot of the roads look the same as in your pics. I also used to live really close to a trail head and used to mountain bike.
My hometown is Niagara Falls, but I am spending this summer in Toronto, as I have a 4 month co-op job here. I've learned to really appreciate how beautiful the Niagara area is. I often get home on weekends, but I would definitely be doing a little more riding if i was spending the summer in Niagara.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.