Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting bored with this crap. The last PT session I had the lovely therapist actually took the time to explain some things to me. My rotator cuff is inflamed, causing the muscles from my scapula on over and down to my triceps to tighten up. Ropey steel cables that don't want to move. I have a set of stretches, along with some light weight work I do daily. It doesn't seem to be getting better. Tomorrow I go see my acupuncturist, at the recommendation of my PT. Last resort is cortisone shots. No wait....last resort is cutting the damn thing off. :eek:

Arrrrgh. I'm tired of being the whiny hurt one.

This hurts like hell:

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
:(

Sorry to hear kid. Could I offer you some leftover Beer, Carne Asada and Vicodin? That is my evening plan...Oh, and since I have already started, I can, in good conscience, offer you a massage :ihih:

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I've already had a couple glasses of wine....I still have vicodin -- but since I have to work tomorrow I think I'll stick with Advil. :D

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
snapdragen said:
Well, I've already had a couple glasses of wine....I still have vicodin -- but since I have to work tomorrow I think I'll stick with Advil. :D
I gotta work tomorrow too... after my second dose, I may end up riding away from "it all". If it makes you feel any better, I hurt my shoulder and I have NO idea how.... I could barely hoist my bike onto the Mini to drive it to HWoods.

I cant wait to be in Santa Cruz...

·
Alien Musician
4,537 Posts
My wife has been going to an acupuncturist for some similar-but-not issues and
she has found it has helped greatly, she was not sure it would help to the level
it is but all I can say is "give it a shot". Good luck!

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
Sorry to hear about the pain, I'm hoping accupuncture does help you. By the way, that cat pic creeps me out..

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
My shoulder did that. I did all the therapy except for the accupuncture. It felt better after the surgery. :thumbsup: Ended up I had a tear and a bone spur.

The other one is starting to hurt and I have a feeling in a few more years I'll be visiting my Dr again. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
My friends rotator cuff whatever pops 'cause she threw so much javelin in high school....

Sorry to hear it hurts. If you need it cut off I have a nice table saw you can borrow.

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
Have you ever tried acupuncture before? It's good stuff (but then so is Vicodin). Hope it goes well... Shoulders are like computers, great until they don't work right.

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've already had an MRI, there is no tear...my rotator cuff is pristine, to use my doc's description.

First accupuncture session, I had a lovely nap. :eek: She sent me home with a pile of supplements. Big fun.

·
I like Chicken
1,403 Posts
snapdragen said:
First accupuncture session, I had a lovely nap. :eek: She sent me home with a pile of supplements. Big fun.
That's my next step too. The PT guy said "well I dunno what to say, I can't help your problem".(this is after 4-5 months of PT)
Nice.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
bigbill said:
How much range of motion does a lunch lady need?
You're ruthless!

You can whine to me, Snap. I've got similar issues with both rotators, an eff'd up neck (from riding my bike into the back of a parked van...cool.) and a curved spine, not to mention hard use from 20 plus years in the medical field and working with horses, etc.

Something ALWAYS is tweaked out/aching.

It really does get wearing. Sorry.

I'm on Merlot and Ibuprofen tonight, as it's the thoracic spine acting up this time (just when my shoulder started moving again...:( ). Waaaaaahhhh!

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
You're ruthless!

You can whine to me, Snap. I've got similar issues with both rotators, an eff'd up neck (from riding my bike into the back of a parked van...cool.) and a curved spine, not to mention hard use from 20 plus years in the medical field and working with horses, etc.

Something ALWAYS is tweaked out/aching.

It really does get wearing. Sorry.

I'm on Merlot and Ibuprofen tonight, as it's the thoracic spine acting up this time (just when my shoulder started moving again...:( ). Waaaaaahhhh!

Tonight it is a Syrah with ibuprofen and an Almond Joy. 24 years of living and working on submarines and carriers have taken their toll on me. I can't sneak up on anyone, especially if stairs are involved. I just holding out for a knee replacement.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
jsedlak said:
My friends rotator cuff whatever pops 'cause she threw so much javelin in high school....

Sorry to hear it hurts. If you need it cut off I have a nice table saw you can borrow.
K()ad3?

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yuck. I have fish oil burps. She has me taking Tuna Omega 3 Oil caps, Ligaplex II, and an herbal anti-inflammatory. :rolleyes: I'm at that place where I'll try anything to see if it works. I'm going in weekly for acupuncture for the next three weeks. We'll see how things are come April.

Hell, I'm ready to start looking for witch doctors.....

·
Registered
159 Posts
I heard the trick with fish oil pills is to put them in the freezer so they are frozen in your belly... I have no idea if it works, GL though! Sorry about the pain, I usually use good ol fashion alcohol to make my body feel better...

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
I keep my fish oil in the freezer (so that it doesn't deteriorate) and have not tasted any fish burps while taking them frozen.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts