Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the valve hole on your rim located? I just got Aerohead rims and on my rear OC rim the hole off-center. I didn't notice this until I got home. Are yours like this as well? If not, is this something I should be concerned about?

Thanks

·
wheelbuilder
2,220 Posts
Uprwstsdr said:
Where is the valve hole on your rim located? I just got Aerohead rims and on my rear OC rim the hole off-center. I didn't notice this until I got home. Are yours like this as well? If not, is this something I should be concerned about?

Thanks
The hole should be in the middle of the rim, not at the deepest part of the v section. Since it is offset, it looks like the hole is in the wrong spot.

-Eric

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm confused. Wouldn't the deepest part of the V be the center? The hole is not at this point but just inside of it on the drive side. On the front rim, which is not OC, the hole is centered.

·
wheelbuilder
2,220 Posts
Uprwstsdr said:
I'm confused. Wouldn't the deepest part of the V be the center? The hole is not at this point but just inside of it on the drive side. On the front rim, which is not OC, the hole is centered.
The V is not centered. The spokes are at the V and they are offset by 4mm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts