Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with this new Oympus camera? It's supposed to be mildly shock resistant and somewhat water resistant. It sounds like a good choice for cycling and my other outdoor hobby, kayaking. Any opinions?

·
Registered
254 Posts
very nice

I got a 720i SW back in early April and am liking it for its ruggedness, ease of use and high quality photos. It's small and fits in a jersey pocket nicely. A bit slippery in the hand if you're trying one-handed shooting. But then the shock resistance comes in handy. :)

Navigation through menus is simple and similar to other Olympus cameras. I also have a CZ-5050.

My one gripe with the camera is the lack of a viewfinder. It only has an LCD, which, in bright situations, can be very difficult to see, leaving aiming a crapshoot.

I have taken this camera on a few rides and also on a recent trip to Iceland, though I have not had opportunity to test its water (to 10 feet) or shock resistance. But with those features and at 7.1 megapixels, the $400 price is a real bargain.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.