Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JP won tonights race at Superweek. Wednesday he was third. Results are very slow coming out of the races, Wednesday is still not on the web.

Any of you guys happen to be out there?

Anyway, pretty cool. He is carefully building form this year with the new coach.

As for myself, I did a 40 minute TT tonight and averaged 9.8mph. Wicked.

J

· Registered
535 Posts
Its sweet seeing him race in my district, mabra, and getting wins for it at events like this.

During my team race in june it was funny how many of my team mates, including myself, kept waiting for him to show up so we could be fanboys when almost everyone else was looking out for the potential arrival of slipstream at the race.

I was working reg for the p12 race and they would come up to me with "is page here yet?"
I loved it

· Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gonna be WAR with Magnell tonight. He was putting guys into the curb all night, blatantly. Cori could see it from the sidelines. Then he did it one more time to JP and so he rolled up on him and told him, Hey, I have a wife and kids, dont try to intentionally crash people (though probably in different words...).

Magnell said "I am just using my skills, if you dont like it get behind me" and flicked him again, so JP head butted him in the ribs. That was like 4 to go. Magnell put him in the curb again in the sprint so he had to brake check and then relaunch and come over the top of him, and Magnell swerved out into him as he tried passing on the outside!

He is just doing ANYTHING he can to gain a spot or two in the sprint to get the jersey back. JP grew up getting put into the curb by Mahk, and Magnell is no Mahk.

Its getting out of hand and I hope nothing bad happends tonight or Sunday.

J

· Registered
100 Posts
I was there and while not racing with Page I must say that Cocky Racing guys are arrogant nobs who think they are some sort of hotshots. I tried to be polite but I shouldn't have even tried.

Good races though and I guess good training for Page.

· Registered
535 Posts
hooj said:
I was there and while not racing with Page I must say that Cocky Racing guys are arrogant nobs who think they are some sort of hotshots. I tried to be polite but I shouldn't have even tried.

Good races though and I guess good training for Page.
Who are you talking about in particular? Page? When I spoke to him at a few races in the spring he came off really polite and humble.

· Registered
565 Posts
lithuania said:
Who are you talking about in particular? Page? When I spoke to him at a few races in the spring he came off really polite and humble.
I think he's talking about Rock Racing guys in general / Magnell in particular?

· Registered
100 Posts
lithuania said:
I was talking about Rock Racing and I can check the name of the individual in question. I've never meet Page.

I have friends who race in big teams and I've raced against many big team pros but I've never experienced such arrogant primadonna behaviour before. Rock Racing should go to Europe so fast guys could teach them a lesson or two. Sure they want to have "bad boy" image but they are acting more like self centered high school home coming queen.

And now I need to jump on my bike and go training to let some steam out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.