Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the eagLe hAs lanDed.

i rEpeaT, tHe tAll goosE is iN the Short Corn.

mOther hEn neeDs a PlaCe to Crow.

etc etc and like that.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Eddy, proof of life, etc:

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
Eddy, proof of life, etc:
I like this picture. :)

And when are you owning up to your end of the auction and shaving?

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gig 'em said:
I like this picture. :)

And when are you owning up to your end of the auction and shaving?
eh, prolly tuesday. i'm going out with blondie tomorrow for superbowl watching somewhere with 1,000 beers on tap and big-screen TVs. not that i care for football AT ALL. in fact, i don't even know who's playing. but she's all into it.

got the kiddo monday night. so tuesday is lookin' good.

gig 'em, keg party my house this coming sat/sun! pantani pirate party! be there or be hexagonal!

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
eh, prolly tuesday. i'm going out with blondie tomorrow for superbowl watching somewhere with 1,000 beers on tap and big-screen TVs. not that i care for football AT ALL. in fact, i don't even know who's playing. but she's all into it.

got the kiddo monday night. so tuesday is lookin' good.

gig 'em, keg party my house this coming sat/sun! pantani pirate party! be there or be hexagonal!
you should totally shave your head and leave the pirate gotee for the party. i tagged (in pink chalk) pantani and a pink jersey on one of the mountains around here before i got hit, so im sure its gone now. ive been meaning to go back and redo it for some time.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yarble said:
you should totally shave your head and leave the pirate gotee for the party. i tagged (in pink chalk) pantani and a pink jersey on one of the mountains around here before i got hit, so im sure its gone now. ive been meaning to go back and redo it for some time.
wassup big sexy?

eddy doesn't like "butt chins" (tom sellick, etc), so she's advised me to leave the goatee. since my face belongs to her after the auction, okey dokey. she also wants star trek sideburns, which i'll do as well, to the best of my abilities.

and like that, etc etc.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I also couldn't care less about football. I always thought something was wrong with me. Now that we share that it in common, my fear has been confirmed. :rolleyes:

I forgot about the Pirate party next weekend. A que hora es?

I am going to ride tomorrow afternoon, maybe with my neighbor, probably with my bro-in-law. Do you know if the Bartlett ride is on??

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
handsomerob said:
I also couldn't care less about football. I always thought something was wrong with me. Now that we share that it in common, my fear has been confirmed. :rolleyes:

I forgot about the Pirate party next weekend. A que hora es?

I am going to ride tomorrow afternoon, maybe with my neighbor, probably with my bro-in-law. Do you know if the Bartlett ride is on??
not sure, bro. i've been out of touch for a few weeks with the fellas. i'd like to get back into it, tho. but i got the kid 'til the afternoon and blondie in the PM, so no ride for me.

anyways, it's confirmed. i don't care for any ball-sports (careful, there's no meaning ther except just that). watch cycling occasionally and that's it.

the party-tay is on. i'll PM you my addy and like that. bring some chips or a party food. i ain't supplying food. just vids and beer and a hizzy. and etc.

-J's

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
not sure, bro. i've been out of touch for a few weeks with the fellas. i'd like to get back into it, tho. but i got the kid 'til the afternoon and blondie in the PM, so no ride for me.

anyways, it's confirmed. i don't care for any ball-sports (careful, there's no meaning ther except just that). watch cycling occasionally and that's it.

the party-tay is on. i'll PM you my addy and like that. bring some chips or a party food. i ain't supplying food. just vids and beer and a hizzy. and etc.

-J's
did you see lombardia last year? besides the little bit of the giro shown on tv that was maybe my fav. race of the year. i was secretly pulling for simoni,but man, schleck really really impressed me.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yarble said:
did you see lombardia last year? besides the little bit of the giro shown on tv that was maybe my fav. race of the year. i was secretly pulling for simoni,but man, schleck really really impressed me.
no. i had canceled cable by then, i think. most of the stuff here is a couple years old.

my greatest love, the woman who left to pursue "greater things", is a big fan. no cable, just a tv and videos from WCP. and i have "issues" watching them anymore. too many times in front of the tube watching stuff and then doing other things. you know. :rolleyes:

gawd, do i miss her. tonight especially. why? wish i could figure that out.

told blondie the other night, "i'm totally in love with the girl. but if she came back, i'd close the door without a word. and 'if i saw her body burning in the street, i'd put her out with gasolene'".

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
no. i had canceled cable by then, i think. most of the stuff here is a couple years old.

my greatest love, the woman who left to pursue "greater things", is a big fan. no cable, just a tv and videos from WCP. and i have "issues" watching them anymore. too many times in front of the tube watching stuff and then doing other things. you know. :rolleyes:

gawd, do i miss her. tonight especially. why? wish i could figure that out.

told blondie the other night, "i'm totally in love with the girl. but if she came back, i'd close the door without a word. and 'if i saw her body burning in the street, i'd put her out with gasolene'".

:rolleyes:
Somehow finding a way to become indifferent would be much better for your mental health. Won't hear me say this often, but when it comes down to it, feelings of hate, anger, jealousy, pain, etc rarely if ever, end well. My wife has told me that if you hate someone, you care. Indifference is the ultimate revenge. I have become indifferent to my ex and it really is the only way to go. No longer will thoughts about the good, bad, or ugly consume you. You get to move onward and upward, without getting caught in the eternal muck that is the past.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
handsomerob said:
Somehow finding a way to become indifferent would be much better for your mental health. Won't hear me say this often, but when it comes down to it, feelings of hate, anger, jealousy, pain, etc rarely if ever, end well. My wife has told me that if you hate someone, you care. Indifference is the ultimate revenge. I have become indifferent to my ex and it really is the only way to go. No longer will thoughts about the good, bad, or ugly consume you. You get to move onward and upward, without getting caught in the eternal muck that is the past.
you are correct, these are great words, and ones i've heard before, from a much older person than you or your wife. problem is getting to that point.

thanks, R.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I think after every failed relationship, it was just enough time for me to forget what sucked or went wrong with the previous one. Think about pain, no matter how severe, time makes us forget its intensity and often the cause. Accepting the lesson without ever getting a refresher course is a challenge for everyone.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
handsomerob said:
I think after every failed relationship, it was just enough time for me to forget what sucked or went wrong with the previous one. Think about pain, no matter how severe, time makes us forget its intensity and often the cause. Accepting the lesson without ever getting a refresher course is a challenge for everyone.
good words, lots to consider. you are reaching a Len level here with your words.

"embrace your pain, it's the only thing you ever truly own."

-paraphrasing henry rollins...

yer driving out for my party this weekend and staying on my couch. deal with it.

see you friday? saturday?

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
good words, lots to consider. you are reaching a Len level here with your words.

"embrace your pain, it's the only thing you ever truly own."

-paraphrasing henry rollins...

yer driving out for my party this weekend and staying on my couch. deal with it.

see you friday? saturday?
I have been to a "spoken word" and he draws so much energy that I was worn out by the end. Very entertaining show.

Don't let hank fool you, I think it is the other way around.

You can't own pain, because the cause is not your will. Pain may own you, but only as long as you allow it.

I am attaching a picture, my next post will shed some light on it.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
handsomerob said:
I have been to a "spoken word" and he draws so much energy that I was worn out by the end. Very entertaining show.

Don't let hank fool you, I think it is the other way around.

You can't own pain, because the cause is not your will. Pain may own you, but only as long as you allow it.

I am attaching a picture, my next post will shed some light on it.
werk on yer pic-posting skills there, bucko. i'm goin' sleepy, see y'all in the late AM!

-The J's!

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
This is a picture of my son (left), my cousin (middle), and his son (right).

The picture makes me smile, but there is a lot going on.

1.) my son was not drinking a diet coke, it was only a sip I promise
2.) my cousin is a lot of fun to hang with, and makes an amazing batch of crawfish
3.) his son was full of laughs

That swing was on the front porch of my wife's grandmother house where family was always welcome and often found. It was right across the street from the beach and you could sit there and drink beer all day long and not have a care in the world.

That swing, porch, and everything else in that picture has completely washed away. Not damaged, GONE. I can either look at that picture and think about how a 25ft storm surge wiped off that part of the map or I can remember how fun that day was. The family was together. The beer was cold, absolutely perfect to chase down a spicy batch of crawfish, potatoes, and corn on the cob, and soothe cayenne burnt lips. It was hot that day, but with the sea breeze coming of the water, I wouldn't change a thing. I remember the mid-day nap with my son on my chest.

I can't choose what has happened in the past, but I can choose to reflect on the memories that make me happy. In reflecting on this one little picture, I will not let pain, sadness, or frustration ruin what I remember from that day.

If you couldn't tell already, I am in a pretty happy place, and it has a lot to do with family and friends. Now, I don't know you that well, but I know you have a son that pretty much worships you, friends that will fly 1000's of miles to hang out with you, and chicas at every turn. Your pool of great memories of past, present, and future has a deep end. Swim out of the shallow end and enjoy a few.

·
Pixie Sticks and Politics
716 Posts
handsomerob said:
This is a picture of my son (left), my cousin (middle), and his son (right).

The picture makes me smile, but there is a lot going on.

1.) my son was not drinking a diet coke, it was only a sip I promise
2.) my cousin is a lot of fun to hang with, and makes an amazing batch of crawfish
3.) his son was full of laughs

That swing was on the front porch of my wife's grandmother house where family was always welcome and often found. It was right across the street from the beach and you could sit there and drink beer all day long and not have a care in the world.

That swing, porch, and everything else in that picture has completely washed away. Not damaged, GONE. I can either look at that picture and think about how a 25ft storm surge wiped off that part of the map or I can remember how fun that day was. The family was together. The beer was cold, absolutely perfect to chase down a spicy batch of crawfish, potatoes, and corn on the cob, and soothe cayenne burnt lips. It was hot that day, but with the sea breeze coming of the water, I wouldn't change a thing. I remember the mid-day nap with my son on my chest.

I can't choose what has happened in the past, but I can choose to reflect on the memories that make me happy. In reflecting on this one little picture, I will not let pain, sadness, or frustration ruin what I remember from that day.

If you couldn't tell already, I am in a pretty happy place, and it has a lot to do with family and friends. Now, I don't know you that well, but I know you have a son that pretty much worships you, friends that will fly 1000's of miles to hang out with you, and chicas at every turn. Your pool of great memories of past, present, and future has a deep end. Swim out of the shallow end and enjoy a few.
Sorry to hear about the house. Was it in Mississippi? Crawfish will be expensive this year.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rob,

recurring theme. i hear ya. working on it. good to have a support system.

yo, hope you get this. me and blondie are at buffalo wild wings by the wolfchase mall tonite at 4:30. be there 'til half-time. come out for a beer or three. i'm buying. you'll know me from the pics.

feel at ease, i'm all about casual friends, good friends, and talk.

bring your bad self on out here!

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Muldoon54 said:
Sorry to hear about the house. Was it in Mississippi? Crawfish will be expensive this year.
Yep, Bay St. Louis, MS. It was built by her grandfather, who died last year.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts