Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading to Westfield, IN this afternoon for a US Soccer showcase for one of my kids and it looks like I may have some time during the morning/very early afternoon Saturday to ride. Anyone interested in showing an out of towner around? I can bring road, mtb, or obviously, CX so I'm open to any kind of riding that might be available. Lemme know. If riding with a stranger creeps you out or your schedule doesn't permit, any insight into where I might find some dirt/gravel or a good road route would be really appreciated. Thanks!!! Scott

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I'm heading to Westfield, IN this afternoon for a US Soccer showcase for one of my kids and it looks like I may have some time during the morning/very early afternoon Saturday to ride. Anyone interested in showing an out of towner around? I can bring road, mtb, or obviously, CX so I'm open to any kind of riding that might be available. Lemme know. If riding with a stranger creeps you out or your schedule doesn't permit, any insight into where I might find some dirt/gravel or a good road route would be really appreciated. Thanks!!! Scott

I'm in Greenwood, on the far south side and of Indy. Are you talking about October 22nd?

It's a good 45 minute drive from Westfield to Greenfield, but I plan on riding Saturday afternoon as long as it's not raining. I'm not fast. I average about 15.5mph for a thirty mile ride including stop signs and rollers and such.

Or, the Monon Trail that runs from Carmel (on the north side of Indy) and travels all the way downtown can be fun. Lots to see, but it's a MUT.

Or...check out the local bike shops on the North side of Indy. Many have a Saturday morning organized group ride.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.