1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Thanks, Len. I've been repeatedly returning to Grant's photos ever since he posted them. Given the past week at work, it's positively sucking my will to live.... It would be sucking my will to allow him to live, but, alas, he's apparently a midget with a bike that I could have ridden when I was 12, and thus he shall be spared.

What's the status on yours, incidentally?

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
sn69 said:
Thanks, Len. I've been repeatedly returning to Grant's photos ever since he posted them. Given the past week at work, it's positively sucking my will to live.... It would be sucking my will to allow him to live, but, alas, he's apparently a midget with a bike that I could have ridden when I was 12, and thus he shall be spared.

I think the guy in the picture is 12. I bet his dad said, "son, hold my beer while daddy uses a sharp knife to open this box". I bet his parents don't let him ride it in the street. I want a Sachs, but I want mine to be red with yellow decals. If I order it now I could have it for a retirement present in 2010.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Approximatly......

sn69 said:

one year to go. I'll go up late this summer for my fitting.

Grant is actually a pretty nice guy who knows way more about cycling and cycling history than I'll ever know.

Len

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bigbill said:
I I want a Sachs, but I want mine to be red with yellow decals. If I order it now I could have it for a retirement present in 2010.
There was an interesting thread a few days ago about repainting a sachs....about half the people wanted the classic red with white panel and yellow decals and accents, the other half wanted something unique. I'm waffling back & forth......but I keep coming back to the reverse ofthe classic red........white with a red panel and yellow accents....but I'm sure that will change a few hundred times in the next year.

If you don't order it now, you won't have it for retirement, he is up over 4 years wait now, from what I've heard.

Len

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Maybe not custom, but

there is a 1979 british racing green Sachs on ebay right now, full nuovo record, incredibly beautiful, but it is a 56cm.

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Richard has a blue one on his site with red decals that always struck me. This is the hard part, as you know....

Whatever you decide, it'll be well worth it.

In the meantime, I'm with Bill. I could place the order later this year and get it in time for my retirement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts