Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Eager Learner
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Yesterday I developed a somewhat sharp pain behind my knee while cycling. I was trying to ride at a higher cadence (~100, 17mph), instead of my usual highest gear ride. (I'm a newbie, and recently had it explained I should be spinning a little more). I also just started doing some of the p90x workouts, and had done the Plyometrics workout 2 days before. My quads and glutes were still really sore from this - I perhaps should've waited before pushing it on the bike.

Anyway, I had to finish the bike ride, and now this morning, the pain is worse. It feels like it's the tendon that attaches the hams to the lower leg. I could be wrong. I feel it when walking and pulling my lower leg back, as well as when I flex (?) my foot, brining it up (tightening the hams).

I was going to give p90x a full go starting Monday, and was planning a longer ride Sunday morning. I'm wondering if this just needs to be stretched out, or rested, or really just take it easy for awhile. It feels like a pain that could last for awhile. I just don't want to really screw anything up.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Don't do anything drastic but once it's healed maybe try lowering your saddle a bit. Generally speaking back of knee pain would mean it's too high and by the same token front would mean to low. Off course you saddle could be perfect and it's another cause but it might be worth trying a lower saddle next time out and see if that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.