Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
My Carl Stong is a combination of both. All the color, including logos, is powder with a wet clearcoat to seal. Spectrum Powderworks did the work and the finish is flawless. Here are some photos.

I also have a Viner that is all powder with a matte finish. Very durable and easy to maintain.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
If you want one color and not fancy, powdercoat is great. There's a place here in Seattle that does powdercoating for around $130.

·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
rcnute said:
If you want one color and not fancy, powdercoat is great. There's a place here in Seattle that does powdercoating for around $130.
I get mine done for $65. One color, nothing fancy. Work is ok (some minor spots with flecks or mars) but what do you expect for $65? They do all the prep work too. No brainer for my non-fancy bikes.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Mel Erickson said:
I get mine done for $65. One color, nothing fancy. Work is ok (some minor spots with flecks or mars) but what do you expect for $65? They do all the prep work too. No brainer for my non-fancy bikes.
Wow, and here I was thinking I'd gotten a deal! The place near me does great work, though, so I won't complain.

·
Polka Power
1,346 Posts
rcnute said:
If you want one color and not fancy, powder coat is great. There's a place here in Seattle that does powder coating for around $130.
Or if you want a bunch of colors and fancy, powder coat can be great too. The biggest thing against it is that it might blur things like lug shorelines a bit (but not always). If you are big on that, then wet paint will probably do better for you.

Spectrum Powder Works can do crazy stuff with powder coating. Of course the fancy stuff gets $$$.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.