Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have noticed that some of the paint on my Giant TCR fork has come off around the drop out area.
I can understand some paint wearing off on the inside surface where the wheel skewer clamps to the fork,but the paint has also come off on the front edge of the fork.
I have contacted Giant about this problem, and am awaiting a response.
The frame/fork was purchased in Oct 07, so I don't think that I should be seeing problems this soon.
Has anyone else experienced similar problems, and how were these issues dealt with by Giant?
Thanks

View attachment 125317

View attachment 125318

·
BikerFox Wannabe
696 Posts
I've actually thought about removing the paint from the alloy fork drop-outs. You'd just need to find out where to stop removing it at the line where the drop-out is bonded to the CF. What's happening to you is one of the reasons that many manufacturers choose not to paint the drop-outs.

·
duh...
9,749 Posts
normal wear and tear... it's the drop out

or you could call the place you got it from, ask that they warranty it and demand and loaner in the meantime...

·
Registered
654 Posts
Odd

Odd problem. My '06 TCR Advanced has aluminum dropouts and there is no paint. I do not know why anyone would change that. Painting dropouts seems like a dumb idea.

Not to be insensitive to your pain but it appears to be a purely cosmetic issue. The bike shop is likely just going to use some touch up paint.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
FatTireFred said:
or you could call the place you got it from, ask that they warranty it and demand and loaner in the meantime...
Ha! cross threading...

To the OP, nothing to worry about at all. That happens with all drop outs that I have ever seen. Its a sign that you are loosing your "Fred-ness":thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.