Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Question Pasela users

That is a good deal. I have some 700x28 TG's that are a few years old and measure closer to 25mm. Does Panaracer still over-state their widths? Would the 700x32 be closer to 28-29mm?

· Banned
7,191 Posts
pauly said:
That is a good deal. I have some 700x28 TG's that are a few years old and measure closer to 25mm. Does Panaracer still over-state their widths? Would the 700x32 be closer to 28-29mm?
Last set of 32s I bought measured 32 on the nose.

· What'd I do?
1,777 Posts
pauly said:
The stated width is usually close. However, they are often taller than you think they should be. If you have ever had any clearance issues, get the size smaller than you would otherwise (That means if you have Dura-Ace calipers, for example, and the corresponding racing frame, they probably won't fit.)

· Banned
7,191 Posts
OverStuffed said:
The stated width is usually close. However, they are often taller than you think they should be. If you have ever had any clearance issues, get the size smaller than you would otherwise (That means if you have Dura-Ace calipers, for example, and the corresponding racing frame, they probably won't fit.)
+1 on the height- I had to cut down the bolt under my fork crown that holds the fender in place to fit the 32s...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.