Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an Arkel "Bug", but I'm having trouble positioning the bag on the rack. The problem is that my foot hits the pannier when pedaling. I've got it back as far as possible, but I'm concerned that the 2 clasps that hook to the rack are very close together.

Does anyone see a problem with this setup or should I look for another pannier with smaller dimensions? Thanks

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ronsonic said:
Isn't there enough room to slide the front hook forward of the cross piece of the rack? It looks like it's much further from the D ring on the bag than the other.
The cross piece is what is holding the pannier back. If I put the clamp in front of the cross piece, the bag slides around on the rack and my foot hits it as I pedal.

· Banned
7,191 Posts
Might need a different rack- one that's designed to set the panniers even further back- there's this...

http://www.wallbike.com/tubus/logo.html

'taint cheap, but it's designed to fix yer problem...

Alternately, you could get a clamp-on low-rider rack and just attach yer panniers to the front wheel...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.