Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever try to put panniers on a trunk rack? Can it be done? Yes, I'm aware of the weight limitations.

·
Premium Member
21,853 Posts
I assume (always a bad thing to do) you are using a seat post mounted rack. Topeak offers a side fitting to allow small panniers to be mounted without dragging on the tire/wheel.

But as you noted there is a weight issue.

·
had it in the ear before
14,158 Posts
get a topeak MTX trunk bag w/ zip down panniers, it's great for commuting.

//oh you mean a rack attached to your seatpost? sorry this uses it's own rack that you lock the trunk into and slide off and on, it's super convenient tho.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,415 Posts
Where's ya get them thar fenders?

joe

·
had it in the ear before
14,158 Posts
JoeDaddio said:
Where's ya get them thar fenders?

joe
I saw the wood fenders DrRoebuck had from River City Bicycles in Portland and had to have a set myself but mine were made by "Woody's". He's quite a bit cheaper and faster and I'm very pleased w/ the results. I went w/ the "Lacewood" onez.

//his delivery is faster, the actual fenders themselves arent any faster i dont reckon.

http://www.woodysfenders.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1

·
Sticky Valentine
28,415 Posts
gutfiddle said:
I saw the wood fenders DrRoebuck had from River City Bicycles in Portland and had to have a set myself but mine were made by "Woody's". He's quite a bit cheaper and faster and I'm very pleased w/ the results. I went w/ the "Lacewood" onez.

//his delivery is faster, the actual fenders themselves arent any faster i dont reckon.

http://www.woodysfenders.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1

Zoiks!

Those are "quite a bit cheaper?"

Oooh... I'm really diggin the "surfboard style."

joe

·
had it in the ear before
14,158 Posts
JoeDaddio said:
Zoiks!

Those are "quite a bit cheaper?"

Oooh... I'm really diggin the "surfboard style."

joe
yeah river city's are over twice those prices and take twice as long to ship. the guy at woody's was fast to respond to emails and got them knocked out in less than 2 weeks. i was gonna get the surfboard ones but i wanted to keep a clean utilitarian kinda style, some of the inlaid ones are gorgeous tho.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.