Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone provide any information on this bike? I'm unsure of where to look to find the exact model. Found in an old garage and will work on getting it cleaned up and running.
It has Shimano 600 series components and says Series PDG on the top tube.

· Registered
1,860 Posts
Paramount history

scottie said:
Can anyone provide any information on this bike? I'm unsure of where to look to find the exact model. Found in an old garage and will work on getting it cleaned up and running.
It has Shimano 600 series components and says Series PDG on the top tube.
For information on Paramount history, go to the Waterford Cycles Paramount History page. Waterford Cycles is the direct descendent of Paramount.

· What the Hell is going on
5,898 Posts

5,898 Posts
Btw . . .

What size is your Paramount? Geez, I hope you don't live somewhere in Southern California. It'd be kinda embarrassin' if we showed up to the same event ridin' the same bike. It seems like no one rides these kinds of bikes anymore and I'm talking about Schwinn's in general (with the exception of Beach Cruisers) and made of steel. I'm beginning to ramble on like a monkey in a tree . . . nice find. I loves the Paramounts (even the ones made in the East).

5,898 Posts
Yankin' your lanyard

I remember someone trying to sell "that" kind of Paramount on eBay saying it was a Desert Storm edition. I believe the bikes were produced in '88 or '89; a couple of years before Desert Storm. I could be wrong.

· Registered
174 Posts
JaeP said:
I remember someone trying to sell "that" kind of Paramount on eBay saying it was a Desert Storm edition. I believe the bikes were produced in '88 or '89; a couple of years before Desert Storm. I could be wrong.

oh for sure i figured as much.... always been to lazy to track teh serial number on it for a production date.

Short end of it is its a great rider. good enough for me to throw a couple updates on it and bring it up to 10speed status

5,898 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.