Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
Boonen vs. Petacchi?

Anyone know when these two will square off first this year? This is shaping up as quite the donnybrook!

Poor Crosbie. I was really pulling for to solo flyer! I wonder if he even finished.
 

·
Self-Banned
Joined
·
16,905 Posts
wheezer said:
Anyone know when these two will square off first this year? This is shaping up as quite the donnybrook!

Poor Crosbie. I was really pulling for to solo flyer! I wonder if he even finished.
Milan-San Remo will be where it really matters but I think ATP is correct that Bettini will go up the road and make Milram chase which will, if I may use a Liggettism, put a spanner into Petacchi's plan. I doubt Zabel can turn the table on Quick-Step and Petacchi may not even figure in the finally.
 

·
I heart team Zissou!
Joined
·
2,953 Posts
wheezer said:
Anyone know when these two will square off first this year? This is shaping up as quite the donnybrook!

Poor Crosbie. I was really pulling for to solo flyer! I wonder if he even finished.
They have already faced off. The score is Petachi 2, Boonen 1 I think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
Have they faced off this year?

philippec said:
They have already faced off. The score is Petachi 2, Boonen 1 I think.
... is what I was wondering.

Awesome racing! Don't forget McEwen. He was quite the spoiler last year when he wasn't burying his head in people's jerseys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,561 Posts
wheezer said:
Anyone know when these two will square off first this year? This is shaping up as quite the donnybrook!

Poor Crosbie. I was really pulling for to solo flyer! I wonder if he even finished.
He finished. They kept showing him at the back of the bunch once he was caught, he hung on for 10k or so and then got dropped. I think they showed him coming in on his own a minute or so down. He's got the KOM jersey, his DS should have told him to just sit up and spin in to save himself to defend it rather than suffering to just hang on for no good reason.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,061 Posts
wheezer said:
... is what I was wondering.

Awesome racing! Don't forget McEwen. He was quite the spoiler last year when he wasn't burying his head in people's jerseys.
McEven is up full speed already. First guy in the hospital with a broken back and McEwen DQed a few days ago.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top