Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That was fun to watch. Jeremy Roy, Thomas Voeckler and Tony Martin stayed away on a long breakaway. At about 6K to go Roy attacked the other 2 and held on to take the win. The last 40k of the the stage was typical gorgeous French scenery. A special thanks to Steephill,tv for the links where I could watch and get English cometary.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
desmo13 said:
from listening/reading play by play, seems V did not want to work with
Martin after Roy attacked.
They played chicken with each other for about 30 seconds to long.

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
Chavanel holds on to yellow!

Can he go all the way?

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LostViking said:
Chavanel holds on to yellow!

Can he go all the way?
No, Contador takes yellow tomorrow.

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
That seems to be the consensus. (Conti will take the yellow jersey in the mountains)
Wonder how much help Conti gets from Team Astana?
Does the Astana victory train begin rolling or is Conti left to do it by himself?

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
LostViking said:
That seems to be the consensus. (Conti will take the yellow jersey in the mountains)
Wonder how much help Conti gets from Team Astana?
Does the Astana victory train begin rolling or is Conti left to do it by himself?
You gotta wonder...

Astana left Conti alone once already this race. They also left Levi unprotected in the mountains of ToC.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
I read it on CN. was rooting against tommy v once I read he was in the break. Then I saw he was wheel sucking when the flyer was initiated. I had a horrible feeling he would somehow draft into the line. And I guess he did. Draft. Across. The. Line.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
oh yeah. conti takes the lead tomorrow. Probably on his lonesome. I think they are really testing the leaders this year.

Didnt they leave conti unsupported during his tour and giro wins?

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
weltyed said:
oh yeah. conti takes the lead tomorrow. Probably on his lonesome. I think they are really testing the leaders this year.

Didnt they leave conti unsupported during his tour and giro wins?
Levi was there during his TdF win.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
for some reason i remember contador picking up when levi couldnt finish. not that levi was pacing him up the mountain, but he just couldnt close so contador went on ahead.

and popo was great that year.

harlond said:
Levi was there during his TdF win.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts