Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, here we go. The road heads up today, and the predicted favorite is just 36 seconds behind the current leader. We have had some surprising stage finishes thus far. So let's hear what'chall think? Will Astana leave Conti alone again, like they did Levi in ToC? Will Sammy Sanchez take the stage but someone else the GC?

Stage 6:

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
ibfeet said:
I just saw on the live feed that Chavanel just quit........wow
It was Sabastian (sp)brother of the yellow jersey Chavanel

·
Old enough to know better
720 Posts
I'm hoping Saxo Bank brings the noise today. I think they set an afterburner pace that shreds Astana which isolates Contador sometime befor the last climb. Of course this only works if Schleck is still close to the GC, and that spill didn't bang him up too badly.

OR Rabobank puts the pedal down today and feeds Astana their lunch in as many days. Rabo is the better bet if looking for a team to derail Astana.

FWIW: Astana has looked pretty average in this race. If they didn't have Contador we wouldn't be talking about them. Plus this team is weaksauce compared to what they rolled with @ ToC. And Chavenal abandoning??? WTF at least go out and show the yellow some respect, be a man loose it on the road.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
deastin said:
. And Chavenal abandoning??? WTF at least go out and show the yellow some respect, be a man loose it on the road.
It was his brother, not the Yellow Chavenal. Sylvain is still there.

·
Old enough to know better
720 Posts
I see that now... So at least the lead will be exchanged on the road

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i had sammy, schleck, and conti breaking from a group, with sammy taking a last minute attack and conti rolling over third.

lets see it happen!!!!

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the yellow jersey will change hands as chavanel drops back at 6k.

hope they throw this climb up ion you tube tonight...

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
The announcer referred to Evans as one of "the world's two slowest sprinters.."

LMFAO

1 - 20 of 32 Posts