Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Yes, he looked good. I watched most of the prologue on RAI sports at beeline.tv. Landis also did pretty well too.

I was most surprised with Boonen though. I thought that he wasn't much of a time trial guy but he finished in the top 10.

·
Registered
204 Posts
whit417 said:
Julich is on good forum again, taking the prologue today.
Good ride by Bobby, esp. as he said that he wasn't feeling as good as last year. Landis lost a few seconds in the last corner when he nearly stacked it!

But what is Landis' TT position about?!? I've got to say, it's not nice to look at, but if it get's the job done...

Big Tom should pick up at least a couple of the next stages, though. My money's on him for tomorrow.

·
Banned
923 Posts
Julich looked silky smooth in contrast to Ugly Boy Floyd and his Shaggy look....

Excellent prologue for Liberty - Kascechkin (sp) and Contador both in the top 5 and both looking great.

As for Boonen, what a nice ride - wonder if QS have been working on his TTing over the off season?

·
Registered
789 Posts
B. Julich

After his recent TDC efforts and good placing, and defying jet lag, this racer is demonstrating to the world his winning potential not only for this first race, but for the TDF 06. The roads were slicky wet, and Julich still managed to pull an impressive win like that. In his post win interview, he came accross to me as if this was an "unintentional win" that he decided to pull it off with a few seconds to go. I do not believe he will risk any injuries by racing in Paris-Roubaix, since he may rather concentrate his efforts for the TDF 06, and get bigger glory. I believe he will be a force to be dealt with in the upcoming TDF.
whit417 said:

·
Registered
789 Posts
Basso.

I could not get access to the Cycling.tv interview. For some reason i keep remembering Lemond vs. Hianault, and Lemond, the domestique, went on to win, despite the pre-race "agreements". BJ is getting better as he ages, and has a charismatic agenda that appeals to the "underdog" in all of us. I like Basso, and also respect his great cycling achievements, but I choose to brood for BJ. As for any European TDF 06 contenders, I am brooding for big Jan Ulrich.
capt_phun said:
Julich rode great. His main focus at the TDF will be in assisting Basso for GC. Cyling.tv has a new Julich interview.

·
Self-Banned
16,905 Posts
Surprise!

I'm surprised by those who are surprised about Boonen. As the man said himself, "If I came fifth in a bunch sprint, you would have been surprised and asked me what happened".

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
vitamins

whit417 said:
Is he on the E, P, and O vitamin cocktail? The man is defying age.

I think he said "its like a dream" in his post interview on OLN.. is he taking some
magical vitamin creams that he doesn't know what is in it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts