Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy... Just wondering if anyone is going to the PR this year? If so, where are you going to see the riders?

I was thinking about Cysoing or Wannehain about 30 clicks before the finish at one of the last cobble stretches.

Does anyone knowa good website that can help as well ?

Thx a bunch in advance!:)

·
I heart team Zissou!
2,953 Posts
I might be there if I can convince myself (and my director) that it is more important than the race I've been slated for on that day!

What I usually do is head out to the start in Compiegne and catch the riders before they're off and then go up and watch them on a strategically picked section that is a. on a cobbled section and b. not too far from a village w/ a working TV in a Café/Bar.

Since I'm heading up to Flanders on Sunday and in so doing, skipping a race, I might be hard pressed to make PR. I'll know better next week!

the website for the race details is www.letour.fr (Amaury sports runs PR, like it does most races in France now!) but the details for the race (map and timings) have not yet been posted for 2006. I suspect they are still scrambling to get authorisations for some of the new cobbled sections.

A+

Philippe

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Lucky, soooo jealous

my friends went a few years back and were able to skip along and see it at multiple places. it runs close to the highway so folks drive ahead,pull over on the hwy and run across to the pave. Another friend found a Bus Tour doing the same thing, they had some extra seats so he bought a ride for under $100 US. Saw something like 5 or 6 sections, the end and got to Tour the showers after.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
philippec said:
I might be there if I can convince myself (and my director) that it is more important than the race I've been slated for on that day!

What I usually do is head out to the start in Compiegne and catch the riders before they're off and then go up and watch them on a strategically picked section that is a. on a cobbled section and b. not too far from a village w/ a working TV in a Café/Bar.

Since I'm heading up to Flanders on Sunday and in so doing, skipping a race, I might be hard pressed to make PR. I'll know better next week!

the website for the race details is www.letour.fr (Amaury sports runs PR, like it does most races in France now!) but the details for the race (map and timings) have not yet been posted for 2006. I suspect they are still scrambling to get authorisations for some of the new cobbled sections.

A+

Philippe

Sure, rub it in buddy. I'm stuck in rainy crap and you get to go see all the big fancy schmancy races. I'm just a few million short of making the move over so maybe I'll get a job this week and come over early. Any good houses in your neighborhood? I'm sure I'm qualified to be secret shopper for McDonalds France or maybe I'll land a gig at Euro Disney.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
philippec said:

the website for the race details is www.letour.fr (Amaury sports runs PR, like it does most races in France now!) but the details for the race (map and timings) have not yet been posted for 2006....

It's up now WOOOHOOO !

Excellent. Yeah I'll be definately at section
6 Cysoing à Bourghelles / 6 Bourghelles à Wannehain

This is going to be so cool. I'm going to take my mom (she was with me at Flanders last year too on top of the Mur de Grammont with 10000 Belgian drunks) and she already complained about "possible" rain. Hell, I can just HOPE for rain. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts