Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
247 Posts
I have one that I used. Was a bit hard to be sure the pin was peened. I just cranked down very hard and assume it was done. Really could only see a bit if inside diameter chamfer from peening and not a smooshed head. I never had the campy tool so I cannot speak to the difference if it is used. I at least haven't broken a chain in a couple thousand miles.

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ericjacobsen3 said:
I have one that I used. Was a bit hard to be sure the pin was peened. I just cranked down very hard and assume it was done. Really could only see a bit if inside diameter chamfer from peening and not a smooshed head. I never had the campy tool so I cannot speak to the difference if it is used. I at least haven't broken a chain in a couple thousand miles.
Thanks - so if I interpret correctly, you have a couple thousand miles on the chain after peening the pin with the Park tool. That seems to be a pretty good endorsement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.