Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several weeks ago I solicited advice about repair stands. After getting lots of advice (some contradictory), I opted for a Park Tool PCS-10 stand from Performance Bike.

Here is a more complete review with pictures of all the pieces / parts and how I thought they should go together.

I haven't had a lot of time to play with it, but my first impressions are favorable. It's solid, has no problem dealing with a heavy Surly Long Haul Trucker and it didn't break the bank. Bent it a bit, but didn't break it.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I purchased one also. I was tempted by cheaper alternatives, but this is something that should be around for a LONG time. I've been very happy with it, and I don't know how I went so long without a stand!

·
So. Calif.
2,800 Posts
+2, also very pleased w/ my PCS-10.

Originally I had bought the PCS-11 aluminum version of the stand, but found it too flexy and not as stable (probably due to it's lighter weight).

I exchanged the aluminum stand for the PCS-10 steel stand I have now.

Since I rarely knock down/setup the PCS-10 stand -- it's always setup in corner of garage -- sometimes I wish I purchased the PRS-11 "professional work stand" -- it's very stable (and heavier).

·
Registered
832 Posts
I also have the PCS-10. Had it almost a year now. No problems. And the clamp is excellent - but requires care. I always clamp it into the closed position and tighten it to whatever I'm clamping manually. This prevents the possibility of squashing a tube, etc. This goes the same with the professional stands you find in bike-shops.

The PCS-10 is no toy. Solid and dependable.

·
Tourist
989 Posts
have the PRS-15, bought it a few years ago on sale around $200. Park Tool customer service is top. After 3 years the axle broke near the handle, I sent part of the assembly, they replaced the axle and sent it back to me, no charge. Very happy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts