Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a PCS-10 repair stand by Park Tools. The upright tube that passes through the yoke assembly is extremely tight not allowing me to fold up the stand without using a lot of force. Of course if I was like Arnold, I wouldn't have any problem. So I called Park Tools and explained the problem. Talk about awesome customer service. They are sending me out all new parts no questions asked. How many companies out there are willing to do that without a hassle. That is the way to keep a customer. I need more tools, and with confidence I will be buying them from Park Tools. A great company!!!

Bye the way. This stand is solid. :thumbsup:

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
saris is sending me a free part. they didn't feel like charging me the $1.99 for the item and my address was already in their computer system.

profile design has done the same.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I emailed Park mentioning a frustration with the TW1 torque wrench I bought last year. It works fine, but it does not have a Nm scale on it -which is the most common scale used for lightweight fasteners on bikes. It has something like centimeter kilograms (?). Sure the conversion is very close to 10:1, so I can function with it, but it just seemed silly that a bike tool company would sell a TW that didn't have newton-meters on it.

Interestingly, they replied saying they now make them with the NM scale instead of the other, probably just for that reason. Anyway, they said mail it in and they'd replace it free. I don't know if I'll do that because this time of year I use it regularly, but it was a nice offer.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Park cust service rocks

Every time I have had a questions Calvin emails me the same day, sometimes more than once if it is a continuing conversation.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Park Tools does make some of the best bicycle-specific tools out there. Do look at others, too. Cyclus from Germany is another excellent manufacturer, but relatively unknown here.

Glad you like the PCS-10. I have one, too. It works great.

For an excellent source of tools and much more, all bike-mechanics should have this link in their favorites list:

http://www.biketoolsetc.com/index.cgi?id=180244260661&h=main&m=top_ten

Happy Wrenching!

·
So. Calif.
2,800 Posts
another Park Tool satisfied customer

Park's TM-1 spoke tension meter requires a conversion chart between the arbitrary numerals on the guage, to actual tension in kg/lbs. The conversion depends on spoke material, shape (bladed/round), and dimensions.

The conversion chart didn't list the bladed aluminum spokes used on Campy Shamal wheels.

Two weeks later, Park creates a new conversion chart that lists the Shamal spokes :thumbsup:
http://www.parktool.com/products/documents/TM-1_Table_WEB_4-7-09_200947_72578.pdf

·
Registered
832 Posts
Thanks for posting the new TM-1 conversion-chart link. I added the pdf. to my files.

I use the FSA Jobst Brandt-designed tension-meter, but I started out using the Park TM-1.

·
Off the back
1,850 Posts
Yeah, I got great service from them, as well. Replaced a defective floor pump quickly. I'm a lifelong customer with loads of their high quality tools.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I had a similar experience. I bought a park floor pump a few years ago and the gauge on the pump wasn't reading correctly. Emailed them asking if I could buy a new gauge since it was out of warranty, and they sent me a new one for free. Park maybe a bit over priced, but if something goes wrong they take care of you.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Same experience here. Nothing major, but i had a bent chain tool pin, the sent me a whole new chain tool with a few extra pins... no questions asked... since then, i've been buying park... they are great

·
Not a rocket surgeon.
9,402 Posts
I have had things replaced by them with no questions asked. I will buy their stuff exclusively from now on.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Customer service

Being in a service industry myself, I'm a sales rep, I really appreciate GREAT service.

SKS USA,pumps,and the old Ultimate stand company have done great by me. On the flip side is Cannondale, took 8 months to get a replacement HeadSight integrated headlight. Guess that's why our family has 6 Orbeas, 2 Casati's, 3 Bianchi's and ONLY 1 C'dale.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.