Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
The answer to your question lies largely in what you hope to achieve with the new frame. If you don't like the paint of a frame, then I wouldn't recommend buying it because it's something that will bother you for as long as you own it.

I own a 2012 Z5Sl and never considered the Z5 due to the weight savings of the Z5Sl.

I think the paint scheme of the Z5Sl is perhaps the worst I've seen...especially the white/orange version. Blechhh...

I opted for Parlee custom paint. I was told by Parlee that the frames chosen for custom paint are hand selected and examined more closely for cosmetic imperfections.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I own a 2012 Z5Sl and never considered the Z5 due to the weight savings of the Z5Sl.
Hey tvad,
Are you the gentleman that opted for the real light clincher from China?
I believe they are by Wheelsfar? If so, how do you like them?
Thank you!!

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
I'm not an expert on these bikes but from what I gather one is a lighter version of the other.
That weight has to be cut somewhere so I have a feeling your body weight and power should come into the equation of which is better for you. Maybe not though, perhaps they just used a higher grade carbon to cut weight and there's no loss or change in strength or handling.

I'd get in touch with Parlee on this one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.