Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bit different than San Diego... 20 mile loop right outside my door. I think I'm gonna be happy here. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
I've always liked the area. Head down to the coast sometime will ya (take the camera!).

·
GeoCyclist
655 Posts
You got to love Central Coast cycling!

There are some great rides around the Paso area. My wife and I plan to ride our tandem from Paso over the mountain to Cambria and back this July. Enjoy exploring your new cycling home!

·
N. Hollywood, CA
754 Posts
PR also hosts the Great Western Bike Rally, which is a nice weekend event. We did a long ride there a couple years ago. I swear we pedaled past Alex Trebec's (of Jeopardy fame) winery for at least an hour. Beautiful place. Congrats on the move.

·
No Crybabies
11,684 Posts
Ccd

jerm182 said:
A bit different than San Diego... 20 mile loop right outside my door. I think I'm gonna be happy here. :thumbsup:
The Central Coast Double is coming up in a few weeks. Lots of variety in that one, starting in Paso. Nice riding area.

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
I spent 4 days riding out of PR a couple years ago. Fabulous riding in almost every direction. One of my favorites was a ride to the coast on the old back road, just north of the main road I think, with some 20%-24%(?) grade sections near the top, spectacular views at the top, and fabulous sweeping curves on the way down. The roads to the east are great too, including some valley that is reputed to be lush with wildflowers in early Spring... You could certainly have a worse place to ride...

Oh, and as I understand it, the locals get cases of Meridian wine at the Albertsons for their day-to-day home house wine.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
speaking of wildflowers...

PdxMark said:
I spent 4 days riding out of PR a couple years ago. Fabulous riding in almost every direction. One of my favorites was a ride to the coast on the old back road, just north of the main road I think, with some 20%-24%(?) grade sections near the top, spectacular views at the top, and fabulous sweeping curves on the way down. The roads to the east are great too, including some valley that is reputed to be lush with wildflowers in early Spring... You could certainly have a worse place to ride...

Oh, and as I understand it, the locals get cases of Meridian wine at the Albertsons for their day-to-day home house wine.
The Wildflower Century is this Saturday. It was my first century, in 1986 I think.

http://www.slobc.org/Wildflower.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts