Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I´m not quite stoned enough to buy this:

"Many riders ask, "What is the difference between the Extreme, Absolute Dry, and the Gold?" The Extreme is for MTB's and can be used on the road, but the Absolute Dry is for the road, only, and the Gold is for all bikes. Here's why: The bicycle, because it's on rubber tires, is not grounded, making the bicycle a static electricity machine. As the bicycle rolls along, it's constantly throwing off negative charged electrons, whereas the dirt along the ground is positively charged, and comes up to the bike to replace the discharge. The dirt is going to stick to whatever is sticky on the bike; of course the chain is the number one spot."

http://www.rocklube.com/about.html

·
Cat 6
4,695 Posts
No idea if their different blends matter but I use the AbsolutDry and it's both fantastic on the roadie and tastes great with an olive.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
rogger said:
I´m not quite stoned enough to buy this:

"Many riders ask, "What is the difference between the Extreme, Absolute Dry, and the Gold?" The Extreme is for MTB's and can be used on the road, but the Absolute Dry is for the road, only, and the Gold is for all bikes. Here's why: The bicycle, because it's on rubber tires, is not grounded, making the bicycle a static electricity machine. As the bicycle rolls along, it's constantly throwing off negative charged electrons, whereas the dirt along the ground is positively charged, and comes up to the bike to replace the discharge. The dirt is going to stick to whatever is sticky on the bike; of course the chain is the number one spot."

http://www.rocklube.com/about.html
Did you know that you can no longer call a bong a bong over here in the states? You have to call it a water pipe and it is sold only to be used for smoking legal tobacco:thumbsup:. Say bong in a head shop over here and they tend to freak.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chuckice said:
No idea if their different blends matter but I use the AbsolutDry and it's both fantastic on the roadie and tastes great with an olive.
I suppose so, but I refuse to believe that my bike is as electrifying as the intercation between a p*ssycat and a perspex rod. :rolleyes:

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bocephus Jones II said:
Did you know that you can no longer call a bong a bong over here in the states? You have to call it a water pipe and it is sold only to be used for smoking legal tobacco:thumbsup:. Say bong in a head shop over here and they tend to freak.
I was afraid you'd misunderstand me if I asked to pass the Hookah. :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
i doubt atomic charge has a lot to do with dirt adhering to oil/grease, but i suppose it can be used to chemically explain the mechanism of dirt adherence. hydrophobicity and polarity (or lack of) are the reasons why dirt and oil dont mix with water and stick together, which i suppose is based on charge... any real chemists in here that want to correct me? i suck at chemistry :)

i will say that rolling the bike along might increase charge, but i doubt that its significant enough to attract dirt onto your bike moreso than just riding around kicking up dirt.

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
And just how would you know this little tidbit BJ??

·
Cat 6
4,695 Posts
rogger said:
I suppose so, but I refuse to believe that my bike is as electrifying as the intercation between a p*ssycat and a perspex rod. :rolleyes:
A buddy gave me a free bottle to try and it works great. I can't speak on sort of event horizon of electrons being created around my chain but it is a good lube...seems to last longer than finish line for me and definitely rolls smooth. Used to swear by finish line but been using RnR for the past year and been happy.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
wayneanneli said:
And just how would you know this little tidbit BJ??
I know a freind of my cousin's friend that was arrested and given 50 years in prison for saying bong in a head shop once. :D

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
I am beginning to believe that I have met you in person- many years ago.

Bocephus Jones II said:
I know a freind of my cousin's friend that was arrested and given 50 years in prison for saying bong in a head shop once. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts