Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are in Italy for a month touring around in a rented camper van. We've hit a few stages of the Giro and caught TJ's win yesterday! So far our list of rides completed includes the Stelvio, Mortirolo and the Sellaronda.
Lot's more to hit as we work our way to Tuscany but I thought I'd post this pic of the Stelvio. Riding into it from below is vertigo inducing!
More pic's on instagram - Pedal Adventures.

Attachments

·
Banned
7,744 Posts
Since you're in the area (Corvara) you should hit Passo Erbe through Lucon and Passo Furcia and Gavia. In fact, you could spend the best two weeks of your life right there by the time you do Alp di Suisse, Falzarego, the La Villa side of Erbe, Valparola, And a hand full of passes near Cortina.

Have a great rest of your trip.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We've dome the Sellaronda, Falzarego, Valarola, and Giua in this area. Also did the Mortirolo and Stelvio. Next we are heading towards Tuscany to ride some of the Strada Bianchi route!

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Thanks for posting. Dolamites is on my list to do one of these days. This year did Girona and doing French Alps and Pyrenese instead but definitely want to hit Italy again. Hard to do it all.

·
Low rep power
6,264 Posts
Try the Stelvio this way- could make it more interesting, and give you a story to tell for the rest of your life!

Disclaimer: saw the full movie last night. Pretty f'n amazing.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Try the Stelvio this way- could make it more interesting, and give you a story to tell for the rest of your life!

not something I ever wish to try. in the daylight with brakes is scary enough

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have done it twice. Last time it clouded up at the top and thought I would get down before the rain. Started sleeting. I was like holy crap this may not end well. After about five minutes the sun came back out. Great hill. Can't wait to do it again.

·
Registered
6,018 Posts
We are in Italy for a month touring around in a rented camper van. We've hit a few stages of the Giro and caught TJ's win yesterday! So far our list of rides completed includes the Stelvio, Mortirolo and the Sellaronda.
Lot's more to hit as we work our way to Tuscany but I thought I'd post this pic of the Stelvio. Riding into it from below is vertigo inducing!
More pic's on instagram - Pedal Adventures.
That is an awesome photo. The perspective makes it look scary. I'd like to go but I refuse to ride the Stelvio until I am sure I can beat Pantani's time

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for posting. Dolamites is on my list to do one of these days. This year did Girona and doing French Alps and Pyrenese instead but definitely want to hit Italy again. Hard to do it all.
We are planning to go to Girona next year. I'm sure the riding was fantastic there as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
760 Posts

How is he descending that without brakes??? Surely with the gradient you'd gain so much speed you'd just fly off the corner? In the night time trailer when he rides past the camera you can hear something squealing, did he have some sort of permanent brake on the wheels or something?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts